Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
-Marc V-

Fishing Lately?

2 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anybody has been out recently, for anything? Smallmouth, carp, steelhead, salmon, anything . . . I've got a bad itch to get out and catch something on the fly rod, but not sure what to target.

Hey Carpers . . . are these fish still biting this time of year in the Minnehaha or smaller warm water streams, or do they move to bigger water?

Sitting at the vise tying tons of flies is not curing the ill. It's making it worse!! I start to wonder how well a particular pattern would perform.

Marc,

Went fly-fishing for trout yesterday (11-25-05 day after thanksgiving). Pretty cold, guides icing up, numb fingers and toes. Yes, it was a great time.

A buddy and myself caught 6 rainbows from 10 to 14 inches in length, all stocked I believe. Used nymphs size 16 to 20 (Hares Ear / Pheasant Tail / Scuds / Prince / Copper John / etc). They were biting extremely light, had to watch the strike indicator very closely. It is amazing how you are able to warm up instantly when you have a fish on.

I did not see a single rise all day from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM, with a break to warm up once.

Was down in Iowa.