Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
vexilarkid

Strikemaster Lazer 224 (8")

vexilarkid

Has anyone used the strikemast 224 8" Auger very much. What do you think? Does it cut better than the regular Lazer Mag Express or does it have some problems? Please let me know.

andy j

I have not used the 224 but I have heard good things about this auger, it is faster then the Express and is supposed to be the fastest period. The only strikemaster auger that I know of that they ran into problems with was the 9" Lazor Ultra which they have now discontinued.

BDR

I used a 224 8" all last winter. I was very happy with all aspects of it. It started great, the only auger I have seen that may be faster is the Nils, . Ice build up was a problem until I started carring a can of Pam cooking spray to coat the blades once in a while. I drilled Approx 4-500 holes and I am due for sharp blades. I dont find that too bad except that it is four blades that will total around $65.

On the model head I have there is the compression release button, I really didn't care for that. I heard of a couple that broke parts by forgetting to push the button.

jltimm

Not having used the 224,I heard that there was not to much of a speed difference between the 2 augers.

S.D. Ice Angular

I bought one early last year and love it. It starts great and cuts like crazy hole after hole.

vexilarkid

I am wondering what others also think of this auger because I am considering buying this one or a regular lazer 8".

Thanks for the info.

BIG DS

The 224 is a awesome auger. Check around. There are some reconditioned units available for a lot less than new and they come with a full factory warranty. I know that Reel Fishing and Tackle in Madison Lake has a bunch. Call them up. The price may surprise you.

lenny4077

Do you have the contact information for them Big DS??

Vikesfan

Reel Fishing & Tackle Fishing-Sport-Tackle & Supplies Whsle

500 Walnut Ave

Madison Lake, MN 56063

(507) 243-3388