Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
i'majigger

Zipple Bay Sleeper Houses

i'majigger

Need some info on Zipple Bay Sleeper houses, just want to know if anyone has rented from them and what I could expect if I go up there. Our group has been using another resort but we have not been happy with the service or the houses. I'm not going to say which place it was because I don't want to start a war and also I don't think the place is even in business anymore. I had wanted to try Gibbons Ice Service but it looks like they may have gone out of business as their website has been discontinued. If anyone could give me some info I would greatly appreciate it.

pikerliker

I went last year with my two boys and my dad. It was the weekend when we had the bitter cold 40 something below actual temps. frown.gif Our sleeper house was a bit older, but we did fairly well with the fishing and the staff was great. One night (late around 3am or so) our heater went out and we called on the cell phone and had somebody out there to fix it within 30 MN. Because of our trouble with the heater they knocked some of the money off of our bill without me even having to ask! They were very friendly and I would definatley recommend them. If I would do it again I think I would stay at the resort and fish during the day. The walleye's just dont' seem to bite at night up there. Now if you'r into eel pout that's a different story. smirk.gif Then I would definately stay over night on the lake!

~piker

Granny

They run a nice resort up there. I have heard lots of good comments and we have always had a good stay up there.

Granny

dougger222

Nick and Deanna run a first class resort. They store the 11X17ft sleeper and I've been using there access for about 8 seasons now. For the first few seasons many nights were spent in there sleeper houses out in the fields.

My wife and I went up there this past summer with our two labs and it was a great time for all of us. In my close to 100 days spent on the resort I can't think of one bad thing to say! Wish I could say the same about other resorts!!!

Give them a try you won't be disappointed.

dougger222

Yes, night fishing for walleyes on LOW is a waste of time. Last winter however we did catch two walleyes in the dark, which was odd in 28ft of water. The locals say they do bite some nights in very shallow water. If you want some action at night you can put on some glow hooks or jigs and put some dead emerald shiners on the bottom. Don't fall asleep with your lines down more than likely you'll wake up with a mess on your hands. Usually at night fall if we're not sick of fishing we'll toss a bunch of dead shiners on a hook and drop them down, usually they produce a pout or two.

If you want a comfortable stay your better off in the cabin at night and fish house by day.

LOW_Hunter_11

Anything you do with zipple is fantastic they ae wonderful people who enjoy doing wat they do. There always putting you on top of the fish.

Brandon