Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Sportland_Bait

Nisswa Lake Aerator- Thin Ice Please use caution!

Sportland_Bait

Aeration system to be installed on Nisswa Lake

An aeration system creating open water and thin ice will be placed in Nisswa Lake this winter. The system will be located on the area of the lake where Nisswa Marina was located. Dates of operation will be Nov. 21 to March 31. Please use caution around posted areas.

If you have any questions please stop in before you venture out on Nisswa Lake this winter.

Jason Erlandson

Hopper

Is this a new thing? Im sure T-bone and I will avoid the thin ICE on this Lake....

Sportland_Bait

This is the first year I've heard of such a project on Nisswa. I'm not sure of the reasoning. As far as I know the lake seemed fairly healthy. Lots of crappies, panfish and pike. We'll keep an eye on things, see how it goes.

Jason Erlandson

ccarlson

I thought there has been a sign next to the highway for at least several years indicating use of an aerator on Nisswa Lake. It's a brown sign just north of the creek by where the people park and walk out in the winter.

I haven't been on Nisswa Lake in many years, how shallow is it that it needs an aeration system?

ccarlson

3pronghook

CC is right. The sign has been on 371 and by the hazelwood access for at least 3 years. I think it has something to do with boat house that was built on the point. As far as I know, that is where the aerator is located.

Sportland_Bait

You guys may be right, I probably just overlooked it. There has always been thin ice around the channel areas because of the current. I guess it seems strange that a lake with some current flow and moderate depth would need an aeration system. I wasn't aware that there ever was a problem with freeze-out. It may have been there all along, I just noticed it posted in the newspaper over the weekend and thought I'd pass along the info.

Jason Erlandson