Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
minndonn

Bringing own sleeper

4 posts in this topic

Where can someone go out with their own sleeper. do they plow roads for other than their own houses and what do they charge.

Thanks

HI MN.,

THERE ARE 2 PLOWED ROADS, AT THE VOYAGUERS NATIONAL PARK LANDING, THEY PLOW OUT ABOUT 8 MILES(CRANBERRY BAY) & THE FEE IS FREE. THE OTHER IS OFF RAINY LAKE MARINE, WHICH IS 5 BUCKS A DAY OR 50 A YEAR.

SINCERELY,

FISHMIESTER

Plowed roads on a big lake with $0 access fee..C'mon that is to good to be true!!!! confused.gif That must be the canuck side cause nobody plows 8 miles of ice for free on the US side do they? grin.gif

HI OZZIE,

THE PARK WILL NOT PLOW UNTIL THEY HAVE 1 FOOT OF ICE, BUT AT THAT TIME, THEY PLOW TO CRANBERRY BAY., AND HAVE DONE THIS FOR YEARS...THERE IS NO...NO...NO...ACCESS FEE!!! THERE ARE ALSO NICE SNOW MACHINE TRAILS., ACUALLY I FALLS HAS MAYBE THE NICEST TRAILS IN MINNESOTA. IT IS A UNDER UTILIZED RESOURCE IN THE MIDWEST., MAYBE ITS BECAUSE OF OUR LOCATION, BUT IN THE SUMMER I FALLS IS BOOMING...COME SEPT., WE TURN TO A GHOST TOWN...TOO BAD AS IF PEOPLE ONLY KNEW ABOUT THE FISHING, HUNTING, SNOWMOBILING, CROSS COUNTRY SKIING, THAT IS WHY I LOVE LIVING HERE. PEOPLE JUST DON'T HAVE A CLUE HOW MUCH FUN IT IS TO LIVE HERE.

SINCERELY,

FISHMIESTER

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Sushilicious
      We only fished for 5 hours (only 2 hours were worthwhile 29 ft).  
    • Sushilicious
      OK so day before father's day we had terrible weather. 1st spot was in 14 ft of current n we caught 4 eyes. Did c a sturgeon role but waste of time other than that. Next spot 6 eyes still a wasted time cause of the weather but the old man did caught a 20 in so it wasn't all that bad. But once the weather allowed we catch  26 eyes n in 29 ft of water n one was 24 in.
    • Sushilicious
      Definitely have 2 disagree with with u 2. I understand the drive n the worry but if you've fished the csn chain for 10+ years there shouldn't be a worry 2 find a campsite cause you've driven past plenty of them. Also we're in the same boat regardless of the travel distance to fine a campsite. Yes it is nice 2 have a guaranteed spot but since they went 2 paid 2 camp regulation they have taken out a number of campsites so it limits options. ALSO U R WAY WRONG ON SAYING MORE PPL R AT THE PARK NOW. I went last Saturday  (day before father's day) n we seen like 4 or 5 more boats than canoes. It's nice for ppl who don't know the csn chain but it's terrible for the economy.   Fyi. First time I went fishing on the chain I went lake trout fishing on David......... I was 6 weeks old ......... I'm 32 now..... my dad's been fishing the csn chain for 65+ years    P.s. love how there's less pressure=better fishing.
    • Rachelkate21
      Hey! Does anyone know any brooks/steams/rivers that would be full of trout? Preferably near lakeville, mn but ill travel!
    • redlabguy
      Nice fish, Jeff. And good lesson on 1/2 crawlers, Cliff. I'm off the water for a few days with family doings, but should report I've seen a lot of mayflies in Frazer and near the portage. Clouds on the sonar and slicks of the water. I'm guessing it's not the big hatch, but it's providing a lot of food for fish. good luck out there.
    • osok
      Just got back into town from a slightly too long "vacation" dealing with relatives. Anywho, how has the fishing been on Superior, are the fish local or have they migrated N.E? 
    • AaronTC05
      I just bought a new Elite 7TI and the sun cover it came with doesn't really snap on very securely.  I'd say it just rests loosely on the outside.  It won't fall off if I flip it upside down, but it feels like it wouldn't stay on going down the highway or withstand any sort of jarring.  It takes hardly any pressure to pull it off.  Is this normal or is it a defect?  I've never owned a graph with a sun cover so I'm not familiar, but I imagined it would be a lot more snug.    
    • leech~~
      We will see if Sailorfly is another ask a silly question one hit wonder? 
    • jiggin9
      I have a Lowrance Elite 7 and was curious what lake chip most of you recommend for Lake of the Woods.  The insight pro chip that came with my unit is very basic for up there and was looking for a more detailed chip.  I'm not sure what brands are compatible with the Lowrance and which ones aren't.        Thanks in advance! 
    • Hines R
      Glad it didn't take a swim. My buddy had one of the cheaper Minnkotas deploy while he was up on plane using the main motor.  Needless to say it was a weak pin in the release system. It was a rental boat so he didn't have to deal with it. Bent the heck out of the stem portion. It was fully modified!   Didnt know now you were still going up to LOTW. Thought you were selling the place. Assuming you don't have the Sportcraft anymore since I don't think you'd put a Minnkota on that. If you still have the Sportcraft I know someone that might be interested in it.    I head up to South end out of Wheelers point tomorrow after work. Up for 2 weeks. Touch base with me if you are coming up or have the Sportcraft still for sale.   Ryan