Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lip RIPPER!

Congrats

18 posts in this topic

Congrats to Brian Johnston and Tony Montebello on winning the Streiff Tourney for the second year in a row. Over 23 lbs for their efforts. Job well done guys.

I'll second that...

I'm friends with both of them... Good guys, and great fishermen. Nice job again!

Ripper: Nice job with the Big one too!

Who were the top ten teams?

good job guys and a good job by all the people who put on this tourney. i thought it was a well run tourney better than most. we ended up with only 4 fish for 9 pounds held out a little to long for those perfect fish. ill defenitly fish it again next year.

I'll fourth that, tuff team is right!

Another great job by the Strieff's crew too.

Congrats to Ripper and his dad getting the big fish of the tourney......A 12+ pound horse.

We made the same choice Travis. Had two over 18 in the box in the first hour. It was hard to justify keeping the next four we caught just over 15, so back they went. Ended up weighing four at around 8.5lbs total, kinda wonder if those other four would have got us in the low end of the money? Oh well, I'll do the same thing next year if we get a couple nice ones like that right off the bat. Thanks to all who helped out, congrats to the winners, and see ya there next year.

We made some choices early that cost us some cash too.

We had a 18.5, 19.3, and a pair of 22's in the first 1/2 hour... We didn't give much thought to tossing 15-16's back. Later on the bite died on us. My partner managed a 26.5 that had us both pretty excited for a while... nice big fat one too... We ended up weighing 5 fish for 10.? pounds...

Always next year...

Won a nice rod/reel combo as a door prize. Thanks Conway!

Seems we were all stupid that morning. My partner and I did the same thing. Oh well, I was just happy to weigh some fish this year. Last year was quite humbling to say the least. Another great tournament, I'll be back next year. Thanks to the crew at Streiff.

Nice to meet you Walleye Jon, breif as it was. Thanks to you and Fisky for rescuing my phone. I appreciate it.

Widetrack, I saw you around a few times but didn't get a chance to come over and say hi. Maybe next time. Did you get the e-mail I sent you a while back?

Josh

anyone know what the winners where doing or where they where fishing. we started at 16mile but got only big fish then went to the mud and kept 2 nice ones and threw back alot of little guys. then stoped at 12mile and put 2 more in and lost a pig. dont know if it was over 28 or not.

We were live bait fishing with crawlers and leeches. We started at 5 mile and then to Arneson's until 12:30 and back to 5 mile for the last 6 slots. We only had 1-2lb fish at 12:20 and then the right one bit. When we got back to 5 mile the bite was on in a very small spot and we picked up the rest of our limit before 2:45pm.

tuffboy,

That was me in the Lund next to you on 5 that gave you the thumbs up when you were pulling out. Good job. Your marker was right on our way point from pre-fishing, I guess great minds think alike.

FishingMinnesota faithful doing well. GGGrrrrreeeaaaat

Travis, I got to fish with your buddy Heiser on Sat. Very nice ride in that Tracker Tundra. Pretty slow day up until 3:00 but the last 2 hours made up for it. Dad and I were tied up right behind you at the dock in that Alumacrap boat at the tourney.

Ripper, were you our pulling plugs out of Arnesens on Saturday? We saw a Tundra cruising around the rocks. We were the white Yarcraft kind of sitting by ourselves on Arnesens. On Friday some friends did pretty well longlining cranks south of 16 mile.

lip ripper, i just talked to heiser and he said he fished with ya. i wasnt out there this weekend but next weekend ill be around. next time you see me come say hi. my dad has the same boat as you with a 150 honda.

We were pulling plugs out there. I remember you guys. You were backtrolling, correct? How did you do? I can't wait to get back up there. Lip Ripper kept me out of all his good spots though. J/K

Ya, we were working a small piece of the deep stuff-29'-that had eyes, sauger and big perch. Donno why they were in that spot but there were lots of them. How long have you had the Tundra? I'm going to a wheel next year and Tundras are on my short list.

My Tundra is a 2005. I will be selling it this fall. I've quit telling people how awesome the ride is and make them go for a ride. Ask Lip Ripper, he'll tell ya. We caught one nice perch on Sat as well.