Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
widetrack

rain...

12 posts in this topic

Well this rain is good for one thing anyway...30+ dozen juicy crawlers...

My little daughter and I had a blast playing in the dirt tonight.

Now go away rain...

Yep just in time, the past 2 mornings I spent an hour at daybreak walking some alleys picking crawlers. I should be good to go thru july or so!!!!

fiskyknut

Now if I could just find some nice red tailed chubs.

Fisky, want to show me how to catch those sometime???

That could be arranged, like I told you that day you saw me Pike fishing in Warroad I can hook you up with some no prob. It's not so much the how as the where up in these parts when it comes to the chubs. definetly wanna use a double funnel trap as they're pretty good at getting out when they see you coming. Kinda hard to build a real efficient double gate trap on the small size trap a guy is limited to without a commercial permit but a guy can build one that'll work pretty good.

Those Big wild Shiners I had that day are thick right now and usually the Chubs show up a week or three behind them, then they start their nest building and are quite catchable in the runs they nest in.

WT one of these days I'll show you where my property is south of town and then you can just get some out of my keep pens in the creek behind the shop. Far less time consuming! I'll let you know when I have a few gallons out there.

Hopefully the creeks did'nt swell too much after the past few rains as I'm planning on getting out today and/or tomorrow to trap some bait for the weekend.

fiskyknut

Fisky,

That sounds great! I appreciate it. Good bait is hard to come by up here a lot of the time. Drop me a line when you have some red tails around... I'll make it up to you somehow... I often have a open seat in the Ranger!

Something else about my wild caught minnows.....They will catch you big fish....Or if not they'll die trying!!! lol.

fiskyknut

WT, can I ride along when you go get some chubs from Fisky? grin.gif

Fisky, I'm just south of Wannaska on the river and would be interested in seeing your setup for trapping the chubs as well as any tips on areas to look for.

Widetrack, I'll be up at the angle quite a bit this summer.... if you're looking for someone to go musky hunting some time let me know.

Ripper,

you will have to get authorization from Fisky to tag along.

Rbach:

Sounds good, I'm at the Angle as often as possible, and fish solo quite often. Nobody else can put up with me... crazy.gif

Have we met?

I was only joking. I did manage to pick quite a few crawlers on Monday night though. Leeches should be coming this week from Fargo.

Fisky, do you trap those too?

Widetrack, I don't think we've met.... I've seen a lot of your posts and noticed that you often fish for muskies at the angle. I get out fishing for them when friends come to visit, but everyone else wants to fish walleyes. It's nice a nice change of pace. Shoot me an email if you ever need company... rbach33@wiktel.com

Fisky, I'm going out on Sunday. What the chances of getting some juicy shiners from you by then? Give me a call at work tonight or call me at home tomorrow. Lets make a deal lol