Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brfour

First trip to LOW

4 posts in this topic

I have decided (after 10 years of talking about it) to make a trip to LOW. I will be going the week of Jan 16. My question is, where on the lake would be the best place? I'm not asking for a specific resort, just east or west side of the lake. Thanks for any info. grin.gif

brfour,

First of all, welcome to F.M. If you've never been to LOW I would suggest that you hook up with one of the resorts out of Baudette and arrange the rental of a day house with transportation to and from the house. There are plenty of good resorts either along the Rainy River or the South Shore, West of the river. You can then either stay in Baudette and drive the twenty to thirty minutes each morning or stay right at the resort. Most have packages for lodging and fishing or you can just pay a daily per person rate to fish. When you are new to the lake it is money well spent as they know how to put you on fish and usually do a good job of doing so. I have stayed at Borderview and have friends that have stayed at Sportsmen's Lodge and both have been good. I would suggest that you don't go the sleeper house route because LOW does not have any night bite to speak of. Have fun.

Thanks for the welcome. And thanks for the info. My plan was to go through a resort ( I get lost in a paper bag blush.gif) My question is book through Arnesen's or Walleye retreat? (for example)Which area would be better fishing, or won't it really matter?

I don't see how you can go wrong with either place.

The decision might be made for you, call both places

and see which one has room for you.

Hope you have a great trip. It is a great place to fish.