Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
jlm

Roll call---Bow hunters

jlm

Roll call people, who will be taking part in opening bow hunting this year for that elusive monster buck? I will be out and putting in some serious time. Chime in if you will be swatting mosquitos and sweating right along side me!

jblabsnduck

I'll be there flinging arrows.(I hope)

Ole1855

Can't make it out on opener but I will be there second weekend. I was at the shack this weekend and the mosquito's weren't bad in the morning, but the evening was a different story. The neighbor came by on Fri. nite and one of the guy's from his bear hunting party got a nice bear that dressed out at 425 lbs.

Ole

nuts

I'll be going out there for the first time this year with a bow. I'm excited, but I'm not going to be able to make it out on the opener. My group was drawn for the 2004 moose hunt and we have to go to Isabella for the mandatory class and some moose scouting that weekend.

I'll be out the following weekend for sure in the evening (after the duck opener)...that is...unless the walleyes are biting.

GOD, I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!! smile.gif

bigbucks

I plan to be out of the truck walking to the stand by 5:45 am on Saturday, setup no later than 6. I plan to hunt the evening unless it's too hot, as well as possibly Sunday evening. It's nice that the Vikes play Monday night, so a game can't potentially complicate a Sunday evening hunt.

norm

not sure if i'll go out in the morning but i'll surely be out in the stand saturday night

P.S-GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE BOWHUNTERS!

mudman

right along side y'all!
one thing I noticed last weekend, not very many skeeters as in the past. That just makes it even better.
COME ON SNOW!!!!

Hossienda

I will most definitely be out there. If nothing else, it is always interesting just sitting in the woods.

-Hossienda

EXTREME

Will be out opening evening and maybe Sunday morning. Not too many skeets up North, but these darn 70 and 80 degree days make them hatch more and more each day. Oh well, they are not even close to as thick as other years. Hope to shoot a buck that makes "Milo Hanson's" look small, but will settle for a nice 8 or even a doe smile.gif

RussDaBuss

Oh ya, me too... going up for the whole day Saturday. Might bring boat and try some fishing mid-day!! wink.gif

Long Gray Line

Got the shooting lanes cleaned up and the "stick and string" are ready. Now, if the deer can remember their part.......

Deitz Dittrich

I will be fishing a bass tournament on sat and sunday.. however monday evening after work I plan on making it out somewhere.. I hope to fill a few doe tags before I start putting myself in the places to see MR.Big.. however if he should happen to walk by.. I intend to harvest the animal!

Best of luck to all FM'ers on thier season..Be safe, have fun... and please keep us posted on how you do!

Cooter

Count me in, is MN opener the 18th as it is here in cheesehead land? Will be doing more damage to the liver than to the deer. Always a chance for a buck in velvet. Lots of antlerless tags this year, so brown is gonna be down - fresh loins!

PerchJerker

I can't make the opener this year - I'm expecting a daughter any day now. But it looks like I'll be able to get in some bowhunting in the 2nd half of October, which is OK by me. Good luck to everyone this weekend!

BLACKJACK

Can't make the opener, or even the first few days, looks like the 23rd will be my first evening out, but I'll definately be spending lots of hours in a tree this fall!! Can't wait til that first deer comes by my stand, and the rush you get after the shot!!

Good luck to all!

Bushwacker

I will be out on Saturday night. Nothing like seeing 10-15 mosquitos landing on my netting at the same time. Last year on opener, I saw 9 deer. I the next two weeks, 8 evening hunts, I did not see one. So this year I may have to think twice about taking one of them.

mudman

OH MAN!!!
I hope after this rain stops that it doesn't warm up to much.
other wise the skeeters will be FIERCE!! shocked.gif

Stratosman

I can't wait till Saturday, looks like it's supposed to be warm however, around 80, oh well. Bring your mosquito nets!

B. Amish

I'll be out on Saturday, can't wait!
got a few nice pics on the trail camera this summer, so that makes me even more excited!

Fish- N- Hunt

I will be out there as well!!! The trail cameras sure do get your adranaline pumping. I have some nice pictures as well, but everyone keep in mind that these cameras don't take pictures of every deer in the woods. We will just have to get out there and see whats out there ourselves!!!!!!!

Good Luck to all venturing out!!!

Fish- N- Hunt

East Rush Rules

Hey fellas,
This will be my first year out there!!! I can't wait!!

camo_marc

If i don't get blown out of the tree i'll be trying to put the smack down on a big deer. man is it windy.

Johnny B

I set up my stands and cleared lanes last weekend. The trails near where I hung them are virtual deer highways! I can’t wait to see what’s been moving through. With the way I have been shooting over the last few nights, they don’t stand a chance!

bassman186

Yeah I'll be there.

Matt