• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Roll call---Bow hunters

jlm

Roll call people, who will be taking part in opening bow hunting this year for that elusive monster buck? I will be out and putting in some serious time. Chime in if you will be swatting mosquitos and sweating right along side me!

Can't make it out on opener but I will be there second weekend. I was at the shack this weekend and the mosquito's weren't bad in the morning, but the evening was a different story. The neighbor came by on Fri. nite and one of the guy's from his bear hunting party got a nice bear that dressed out at 425 lbs.

Ole

I'll be going out there for the first time this year with a bow. I'm excited, but I'm not going to be able to make it out on the opener. My group was drawn for the 2004 moose hunt and we have to go to Isabella for the mandatory class and some moose scouting that weekend.

I'll be out the following weekend for sure in the evening (after the duck opener)...that is...unless the walleyes are biting.

GOD, I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!! smile.gif

I plan to be out of the truck walking to the stand by 5:45 am on Saturday, setup no later than 6. I plan to hunt the evening unless it's too hot, as well as possibly Sunday evening. It's nice that the Vikes play Monday night, so a game can't potentially complicate a Sunday evening hunt.

not sure if i'll go out in the morning but i'll surely be out in the stand saturday night

P.S-GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE BOWHUNTERS!

right along side y'all!
one thing I noticed last weekend, not very many skeeters as in the past. That just makes it even better.
COME ON SNOW!!!!

I will most definitely be out there. If nothing else, it is always interesting just sitting in the woods.

-Hossienda

Will be out opening evening and maybe Sunday morning. Not too many skeets up North, but these darn 70 and 80 degree days make them hatch more and more each day. Oh well, they are not even close to as thick as other years. Hope to shoot a buck that makes "Milo Hanson's" look small, but will settle for a nice 8 or even a doe smile.gif

Oh ya, me too... going up for the whole day Saturday. Might bring boat and try some fishing mid-day!! wink.gif

Got the shooting lanes cleaned up and the "stick and string" are ready. Now, if the deer can remember their part.......

I will be fishing a bass tournament on sat and sunday.. however monday evening after work I plan on making it out somewhere.. I hope to fill a few doe tags before I start putting myself in the places to see MR.Big.. however if he should happen to walk by.. I intend to harvest the animal!

Best of luck to all FM'ers on thier season..Be safe, have fun... and please keep us posted on how you do!

Count me in, is MN opener the 18th as it is here in cheesehead land? Will be doing more damage to the liver than to the deer. Always a chance for a buck in velvet. Lots of antlerless tags this year, so brown is gonna be down - fresh loins!

I can't make the opener this year - I'm expecting a daughter any day now. But it looks like I'll be able to get in some bowhunting in the 2nd half of October, which is OK by me. Good luck to everyone this weekend!

Can't make the opener, or even the first few days, looks like the 23rd will be my first evening out, but I'll definately be spending lots of hours in a tree this fall!! Can't wait til that first deer comes by my stand, and the rush you get after the shot!!

Good luck to all!

I will be out on Saturday night. Nothing like seeing 10-15 mosquitos landing on my netting at the same time. Last year on opener, I saw 9 deer. I the next two weeks, 8 evening hunts, I did not see one. So this year I may have to think twice about taking one of them.

OH MAN!!!
I hope after this rain stops that it doesn't warm up to much.
other wise the skeeters will be FIERCE!! shocked.gif

I can't wait till Saturday, looks like it's supposed to be warm however, around 80, oh well. Bring your mosquito nets!

I'll be out on Saturday, can't wait!
got a few nice pics on the trail camera this summer, so that makes me even more excited!

I will be out there as well!!! The trail cameras sure do get your adranaline pumping. I have some nice pictures as well, but everyone keep in mind that these cameras don't take pictures of every deer in the woods. We will just have to get out there and see whats out there ourselves!!!!!!!

Good Luck to all venturing out!!!

Fish- N- Hunt

If i don't get blown out of the tree i'll be trying to put the smack down on a big deer. man is it windy.

I set up my stands and cleared lanes last weekend. The trails near where I hung them are virtual deer highways! I can’t wait to see what’s been moving through. With the way I have been shooting over the last few nights, they don’t stand a chance!