Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
want to fish

Public Access from Woodbury

want to fish

I am looking for the closest public access from Woodbury. We have launched at Beanie's before right by the bridge on 94 but is expensive. Am looking for a different way. Can anyone help me?

riverman

try the Bluffs Regional park a few miles south of Afton state park on St Croix Trail. Its $5.00 a day or $20.00 for a yearly pass and then you can use the boat ramp as many times as you want. The ramp is three boats can launch at the same time and they have over 50 parking spaces. Good luck Mark

crappie getter

I second the bluffs! I beleive the first tuesday of the month is free also so check it out. The only bad things about it is the hours 6am-11pm (which to most is fine but sometimes I get out during the night). Watch out for the drop on the boat ramp too, SLOW backing the trailer in and get use to a little trailer scraping.(when the water is low).

crappie getter,

------------------
Chris's Croix Guide Service
http://fishingminnesota.com/stcroixguide/
(651) 458-1899
arndts@tcq.net
St. Croix River

TG

If I'm not mistaken I though someone stated the bluffs landing was tough to get in and out of. Can someone let me know what the conditions are like please. I too would like to use it instead of coming from Hastings.

Thanks

Sturgeon46

Just don't back your trailer too far in. With the low water you are getting pretty near the end of the concrete ramp. It's deep right off the concrete so if the wheels go off it's an adventure! Great access though.

TG

Thank you very much! I didn't think I had a dumb question. I will be giving it a try.
Again thanks!

mnrstrider

Yup it's quite shallow at the launch right now, Loading my boat by myself yesterday was quite the adventure, you pretty much have to drop you trailer off the concrete to put in, but it's do-able, and has to be the nicest launch I've ever used.

MikeYager - Suzuki

With the low water the channel going into the river should be negotiated carefully.