• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Public Access from Woodbury

want to fish

I am looking for the closest public access from Woodbury. We have launched at Beanie's before right by the bridge on 94 but is expensive. Am looking for a different way. Can anyone help me?

try the Bluffs Regional park a few miles south of Afton state park on St Croix Trail. Its $5.00 a day or $20.00 for a yearly pass and then you can use the boat ramp as many times as you want. The ramp is three boats can launch at the same time and they have over 50 parking spaces. Good luck Mark

I second the bluffs! I beleive the first tuesday of the month is free also so check it out. The only bad things about it is the hours 6am-11pm (which to most is fine but sometimes I get out during the night). Watch out for the drop on the boat ramp too, SLOW backing the trailer in and get use to a little trailer scraping.(when the water is low).

crappie getter,

------------------
Chris's Croix Guide Service
http://fishingminnesota.com/stcroixguide/
(651) 458-1899
[email protected]
St. Croix River

If I'm not mistaken I though someone stated the bluffs landing was tough to get in and out of. Can someone let me know what the conditions are like please. I too would like to use it instead of coming from Hastings.

Thanks

Just don't back your trailer too far in. With the low water you are getting pretty near the end of the concrete ramp. It's deep right off the concrete so if the wheels go off it's an adventure! Great access though.

Yup it's quite shallow at the launch right now, Loading my boat by myself yesterday was quite the adventure, you pretty much have to drop you trailer off the concrete to put in, but it's do-able, and has to be the nicest launch I've ever used.