• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I need some opinions!!

bieganekbaitco

I need some feed back guys.......My fire dept is having a fund raiser raffle & the grand prize is a Otter II magnum fish house w/ sled, hitch and cover, Strikemaster lazermag 8" gas auger, vexilar fl-18 ice combo flasher, Mr. Heater/cooker with 20# propane tank, Coleman northstar dual mantle lantern, Polar vision hand held depth sonar, 2- Cabelas XLM ice fishing rod & reel combos, and a $50 cabelas gift certificate....2nd prize is a Vexilar fl-18 Ice combo flasher. Is ten bucks to much per ticket????? I need some feed back. Thanks.... Mark

FOR WHAT YOUR OFFERING FOR 1ST PLACE, $10 BUCKS IS VERY FAIR, GOOD LUCK & I HOPE YOU MAKE SOME $$$ FOR A GOOD CAUSE !!!
SINCERELY,
FISHMIESTER
LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT CRAPPIE BITE!!!

Mark,

Ten bucks sounds fair as it stands.

You could split up the grand prize and by doing that increase the odds of winning a prize. Most of the stuff you have are stand alone winners. Better Odds might make tickets easier to sell but you might have to change the price?

One ticket for $5.00, three tickets for $10.00, six tickets for $20.00.

You'll usually make the $10.00 sale, and get the occasional $20.00 gambler. But... the downside is you'll have to sell a few more tickets. With all the people fishing on Red perhaps the DNR will collect your $10.00 as a shelter license surcharge and send it to you grin.gif.

I hope this winter I get to take you up on the cocktails and fish that were proffered last year - or at the least we get to spend a little time on the ice or in one of the neighborhood establishments together.

Good luck with your fund raiser. Count me in for ten bucks... that is only if you don't already know who won smile.gif.

Greg

Do we get to test the stuff first? How is a person to know if an auger is any good until it passes the "jigglestick" auger throwing test?
I suppose next you are going to want us to buy tickets to. smile.gif

------------------
Waskish Minnow Station
218-647-8652

[This message has been edited by kelly-p (edited 10-31-2002).]

yeah!let me see that auger smile.gif

------------------
keep a firm grip on your jigglestick!

bieganekbaitco,
You will have to send some of those down to the Chaska fire dept. I'm sure I could get rid of a few of them for ya. Otherwise, keep us posted on when and where you are going to be selling them.

It better be worth the money as I have already bought 2 of them. I'm staring at the ticket right now just picturing myself inside that Otter

baitco

when i win it all i can put that "Baitco field tester" window decal i would like to get from you, nailz proudly displays his on his truck i'm getting jealous. he does look funny with a bare chin to fit his smoke mask.

keep the faith and go Northland Northmen

K2

whens the drawing date- send us a book and we will get them sold
Russ&Judy Raddatz
707 Chinook av sw
Avon Mn 56310

K2, give me your address and i'll send you a sticker. thanks for all the input, its greatly appreciated. I heard zipple bay has 4" of ice on it......If this weather holds, I'll go ice fishing rather than deer hunting. Thanks again.....Mark

I forgot to tell you Drake, the drawing is December 23, 2002. I will swing throw Blackduck and B.S. with you soon. M.B.

Hey bieganekbaitco, why don't you put up an address so that we can send you a check so you can send me some tickets, I live a little south of you. Missouri! But I would still buy a ticket!

Im in Duluth but would love a chance at a prize like that! How about a adress to buy a couple tickets?

Send a check to: Steve Byron
331 crocker ave. N
Thief River Falls MN 56701

Thanks for all the input, I appreciate it.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!
    • monstermoose78
      How is everyone doing? Holy moly it’s chilly this morning I stayed in bed and will hunt later today when it warms up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.