• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Morson Report

Looking for a recent report from the Morson area. Headed up on 9/17 for the weekend. Hope the weather holds, will pack winter gear just in case.

marknamy<BR> <BR>Just got back from Lake of the Woods and the crappies are in the Obabikon and and are going very good. Miles bay was very slow down by the creek and the bottle neck and Hay Island had nothing going on.

Over Labor Day weekend, we did very well for walleyes by Rabbit Point, Burroughs Bay and around Smokehouse Island in Miles Bay. We caught crappies in around 25-30' while fishing for walleyes using bottom bouncers and a spinner.

Thanks for the replies.<BR>Doesn't look like the weather is going to be too great but that is why Gor-tex was created.<BR>I'll post when I get back.

Hey, folks,<BR> Is this Morson report a regular feature here? I fish/hunt that area a lot and stumbled into it today. Sure hope it keeps going...<BR> ..anyhow, the crappies were still hitting in Obabikon and walleyes are deep in some areas and very shallow in others... smallies on are on the reefs as are some small sauger...<BR> opening of duck hunting was smashing!<BR> See ya....

Wild, Thanks for the report. I'm coming up in three weeks for some fall crappie, walleye and muskie. There's a group of guys who post regular Morson reports here and in the Canada forum. Lots of good info.

Heading up this Thursday for first ever fall trip to Stevens Bay and Crow Lake. Any tips on walleye, crappie, lake trout would be appreciated. Will be stopping in at Anglers Pro Shop for bait and get the latest scoop.<p>[This message has been edited by lumpy (edited 09-22-2004).]

<BR> fyi -- Walleyes are hitting near North Island and crappies are still doing okay in Miles and Obabikon. I've never seen so many fishing boats headed north this late in the year before, so the word on the crappie bite must have really spread. Lots of Iowa boats. Duck hunting reamins good.<BR>