Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
High Life

Report for 7/21

High Life

The Old Guide was complaining that he hasn't seen a lot of posting going on this summer, so I figured I would do my part.<P>Two of us headed east out of Warroad and trolled shad raps along the south shore. We took a beating all day in a shallow 18' Lund but ended up catching over 50 fish and keeping 11 with nothing under 15". If the fish hadn't have been biting, we would have been on dry land by noon. <P>The day was not without it's problems. We saw the nasty weather building over Springsteel and decided to head in. We were about 3 miles out and busting some pretty serious waves when my buddy came tumbling end over end back towards me (tiller boat) after the floor mount for the seat broke loose. It took ten minutes to get the seat loose from the busted bracket, then mounted to another bracket. by that time the storm was on us. I couldn't see 20 feet in front of the boat and the rain was coming so hard sunglasses weren't much help keeping it out of your eyes. I looked down at the GPS and it showed that the landing was behind me, but that didn't quite seem right. I didn't think that I had turned the boat. At that point the batteries died on the GPS. Now I'm screwed. We decided to keep the nose of the boat into the waves and just troll, not quite sure of the direction we are going and not sure what was ahead of the boat. After about 10 minutes the rain started to let up and sure enough, I was pointed out towards Stony Point. I could start to see the water tower behind me in the distance. <P>I learned my lesson: No, it is not that no fish is worth being caught out in a storm because I'm fairly confident that this will not be the last time I look at my buddy, with clouds building in the distance and say " 10 more minutes", it's always trust your GPS!<P>I do have one question: For those of you who were out last night after the storm or today, has the quick cool down had any affect on the bite? I'm contemplating coming up this weekend and would like a little help. Thanks<P>------------------<BR>"An investment in the High <BR>Life, is an investment in <BR>your future"

Old Guide

High life, I was cleaning the boat out when that "cloud" came from the west I got everything snapped and zipped when I felt the first drops. It must have continued building as it went east. "Let's stay just a little longer." Famous words everyone has said at one time or another. I bet the front seat is already fixed! Did you try the leadcore? If you head up Sat. give me a call I've got a marine band you can use.<P>------------------<BR><B>Old Guide Charters</B><BR>Lake of the Woods<BR><A HREF="http://fishingmn.com/oldguidecharters/" TARGET=_blank>http://fishingminnesota.com/oldguidecharters/</A><BR>Call Toll Free:1-800-952-(9484)

High Life

Old Guide,<P>We are coming up tonight and staying in the Warroad campground. I'll have the cell phone on. And you're right, the seat is already fixed!<BR><P>------------------<BR>"An investment in the High <BR>Life, is an investment in <BR>your future"