Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

neb.fish

We fished Pickerel lake(Ottertail co.) last week after hearing about the smallmouth hitting on this lake. We read in the fishing guide that you can't take a smallmouth after Sept. 9th. Why is this?

It is my understanding that the regulation exists because of the fact that in the fall the smallies group tightly, are very aggressive and that they use the same spots year after year. In other words, they are very vunerable to harvest/overharvest this time of year, and the regulation is in place for that very reason.

I, personally, applaud the regulation. They are way too much fun to catch, and there's certainly better fish to be eaten.

By the way, how did you do on Pickerel? I was there a few weeks ago, and will probably give it another go sometime later this week.

FLB

neb.fish

The fishing was pretty good. We were staying on Dead Lake and heard about the Smallies so we went over for one afternoon. Having never fished the lake and having no map we fished the east side of the boat ramp. In four hours we had 6 smallies(3 around 2lbs 3 smaller) and 2 largemouth. All were caught using top water lures. They sure are fun to catch, I'd like to stay on that lake next year but I heard there isn't a resort on that lake. Do you know of anyone who rents their house or cabin on Pickerel?

There's a nice little resort on Twin Lake (Twin Lakes Landing) east on #74 just a couple of miles from the gravel road that takes you to the ramp at Pickerel.

FLB

Paul Rohweller

Nope, no resorts left on pickerel. Lolls hung it up and retired a couple years ago. Dad was on pickerel last saturday night, he caught a few smallies out in front of the big a frame house right out by the access..I imaging he was rigging a minnow for walleyes.. I really miss staying on that lake, we used to go to lolls quite a bit.FLB hit the nail right on the head with the regulations and why they are the way they are, I couldnt explain it any better. Good luck and good fishin!! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie