Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
drowningwormstoo

Muskies, first week in November

drowningwormstoo

Don't expect any 'trade secrets', just generalities. I would just like to know, if fishing for Muskies first week in November is possible on LOW. If so, methods (trolling, live bait, casting?) as well as general locations, like "Monument Bay" area versus "Sioux Narrows" area. Any information would be great. We are going up to fish on the Rainy River for walleyes, but my Musky fever took over and would like to fish for them also.<P>Thanks, Scott

Scoot

Yep, if the weather'll cooperate, you can chase them. It's actually a great time to hunt for them. Be really dang careful if you're going by boat out of the Rainy River area at that time. You'll have to travel a long ways by water to get to sklunge waters and it's a dangerous time of year in no-man's land on LOW.<BR>Trolling big cranks in ciscoe waters is the technique of choice that time of year. Fish 6 to 12 feet of water is what I'm told.<P>Widetrack- you've gotta have some good suggestions for this post.<P>------------------<BR>Scoot<P>RodsbyEngel: custom made fishing rods

drowningwormstoo

Thanks for your post and a clarification. We were planning to drive with boat somewhere from Baudette (Monument Bay for example). We were not planning to cross the pond.

widetrack

I'm usually up there for 10 days or so the last part of October.<P>I'd say you have a 50-50 chance of being able to get out into Nov. The main lake isn't frozen, but the marinas often are.<P>Trolling 10" jakes is generally the presentation of choice. A nice sunny warm day though, be sure to check the sand bays. We have caught some really nice ones up shallow as well.

Just remember to be extra careful.<P>The pond can be very unforgiving during that timeframe with the cold water. Also, remember that there isn't alot of boat traffic that time of the year. <P>If you have a break down, or get caught in nasty weather, there isn't alot of places you can go for shelter, since most lodges are closed in November. Also, if you break down, you might be stranded for a few days, unless you have the proper equipment to notify someone via radio. However, remember that radio only travels so far.<P>Just be carefull!<p>[This message has been edited by Big G- (edited 06-18-2004).]

widetrack

Yep,<P>I wouldn't be out there without a kicker motor.<P>I had to come in on my kicker motor last fall for the first time... Took forever, but way better then the alternative.<P>Chances are you won't see another boat while you are out that late.