• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Decoy hanger from hub house

skippie

Hello, i have a Eskimo 949I o am going to spear from this year. How is everyone hanging dekes, both live and artificial?

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't have any real good pics and this floor is for an older Eskimo house I had not the 949I that I use now. I think you'll figure out what I did. I made this same set up for my current house.

I built a socket into the floor. I then built a frame out of round bar. It goes up as you can see in the pic then hangs a 90 and hangs over the hole. I have a couple reels on aluminum brackets I formed to slide over the round bar. 

20170605_163139.png

20170605_161922.png

20170605_161828.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Nice job mj

• Thumbs Up 1

I juse 1/2" PVC over the hole hand my decoys, GoPro spinner everything on it works good, i rigged mine similar to MJ i just used 2x4 and drilled a hole in it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2017 at 9:05 PM, mascad said:

I use a rattle reel with clamp in my 949.

Ditto this for the hub house.  I like that I can hear if a pike grabs my decoy if I’m outside too.

My setup is similar to MJ's and MrKlean's, I have a wood floor with a small hole in it on each side of the spear hole.  I use electrical conduit to make a frame over the hole and hang rattle reels  from it.

Who knows or has parts list for a hillbilly decoy spinner? Battery operated spinner for decoys or spoons or golf balls, etc....

Any response would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!