Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

monstermoose78

Moose's Report

20 posts in this topic

Great Fish! To bad about the Walleye.:)

It's ok I would have tossed it back

Nice job moose!

Good to see you got out there finally moose. go get em !

Thinking I should try a night bite soon? That would allow for me to find sh during the week.

1 person likes this

The night bite is being kind to me should have got more fatheads

1 person likes this

Dammit .... Knew I should have gotten out there

Moose wins!! @river rat316

Live update fishing the edge of a drop off from 6 to 8 feet of water along the line. Catching lots of little bluegills and a few small crappies.missed one northern pike and hit my Sucker minnow under my float. there is about 16 inches of ice and I drove my truck out

IMG_0791.JPG

IMG_0792.JPG

IMG_0793.JPG

IMG_0794.JPG

IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0800.JPG

4 people like this

Got one pike

IMG_0802.JPG

3 people like this

Nice pike! Tryed your pug bug jig today moose and it worked really well!

1 person likes this

It is a great jig 

1 person likes this

Yeah they hammered it! Yesterday had a bigger jig on and they just sucked on it and I missed a lot. Put that on and caught nearly every bite I had.

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, Fishing Frenzy said:

Yeah they hammered it! Yesterday had a bigger jig on and they just sucked on it and I missed a lot. Put that on and caught nearly every bite I had.

That is great to hear keep up great fishing 

Driving trucks out on basically every lake now? I have only been to Leech and Mille Lacs so far, hoping to hit metro lakes on sunday with the wife and 2 year old

Most lakes are between 10 and 15 inches

ok, thanks moose

1 person likes this

On 1/8/2017 at 7:10 PM, monstermoose78 said:

Got one pike

IMG_0802.JPG

Looks like its been eating well. 

Yeah it had big bump in its belly but it was released

10 hours ago, MJ1657 said:

Looks like its been eating well. 

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• UpNorth Bassing
      By UpNorth Bassing
      ISO vexilar pm me what you got and price picture is preferred 

• flagislanddan
      By flagislanddan
      Fishing Report from Flag Island Resort Lake of the Woods, NW Angle 1/16/17

Fishing up here in the angle has been great!

On the Minnesota side the Walleye, Sauger and Jumbo Perch bite has been hot. The early morning and afternoon bite has been best and the fish are aggressive. We have been fishing in 21-28 feet on reefs, gravel bars, shoals and rocks. Buckshots, Lindy Flyers, Ripping Raps, and Jigging Raps have all produced fish. Live minnows with demon glow and a bobber have also been successful. Colors of choice have been red glow, gold, pink and green glow. A lot of nice fish in the 29 inch range have been caught as well as large quantities.

Over on the Ontario side the Crappie and Walleye bite has been awesome, better than the days of Red Lake. We have also hooked into the Jumbo Perch and they are of good size and quantity. We’ve been fishing in the 28-34 foot range. Something to know about when fishing up the deep waters of Ontario is the crappie mortality rate is high when releasing crappies in 25' of water or greater.  We encourage guests to catch your desired number of crappies up to your limit and then go target other species of fish.  Crappies and Walleyes sometimes appear to swim back down the hole when released but often times do not make it due to being reeled in so fast from great depths. We still advise anglers to stay on marked trails due to the heavy current changing ice conditions.

Until next week, good luck fishing!

Guides Ray King, Dan Schmidt, Jeremy Glessing and Cale Albers

Flag Island Resort

218-223-8011

• Sletten420
      By Sletten420
      Well im hoping that maybe ill be able to find a little insight as to how i can feed my ice fishing addiction on the weekend. While working all week its not that I have to travel alot to find a lake. Just that i plunged into my addiction being a novice at best. Looking for some advice on what to look for when choosing lakes and how to go about pursuit on the lake.
    • UpNorth Bassing
      By UpNorth Bassing
      Hello, 

I am wondering if anyone knows of any small lakes or ponds in the metro that I can ice fish I know yout want to give away any of your spots so PM me and I will trade some spots. I am looking to catch bass,crappie or possibly walleye

Tight Lines!
    • Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Hello all from the Northwest Angle!   I hope everyone had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year! We are fishing in full force up here now and it has been a good first week! We are filling limits of walleyes with some saugers mixed in. Slot fish have not been shy either, and we have had multiple 20-25" fish being caught every day.   On the Minnesota side, we are fishing in 19-25 feet and the best has been anything tipped with a minnow head being jigged most of the time. Of course, you still want to be using that dead stick, as that has produced fish also. Best colors have been gold, pink and chartreuse.   On the Canadian side, we have been fishing walleyes a little bit deeper in 22-28 feet of water and it has been a good bite, too. A few groups even got into some slab crappies in that 28+ feet of water. Best colors being gold and pink.   Hope everyone has a great week and we hope to see you up here at Sunset Lodge this winter!   Forrest Huset   Sunset Lodge
    • monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      What is to big of a jig for gills? I have used 1/4 oz buckshots. I have watched gills come in while jigging for pike the are not going to eat that big spoon, but they like to look. 
    • monstermoose78
      By monstermoose78
      I am thinking of rigging up some kind of dropper rig for gills. Thinking a small buckshot to 4 mm tungsten jig. Was thinking about 3 to 4 inches.
    • gunner55
      FYI 2 of the 3 landings near us were starting to look a little beat up yesterday. With the temps & moisture today along with more of same forcasted for tomorrow, I have to believe that access to the area lakes will be getting tougher.
    • Rick G
    • Rick G
      Still about 14-15 inches of ice...plenty of slop and water today. Access was very beat up when I left.
    • tipupsonly
      Anyone know what resorts are/aren't open to wheelhouse traffic this weekend? I see Hunters point and Agate bay are closed due to cracks by shore. I usually fish the east shore but might have to be open to something else.... Anyone know what resorts are/aren't open to wheelhouse traffic this weekend? I see Hunters point and Agate bay are closed due to cracks by shore. I usually fish the east shore but might have to be open to something else....
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      I took a break from walleye fishing on Vermilion and decided to chase crappies for a few days to get away from the crowds. Fun and a good bite also! Cliff