• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Moose's Report - Cambridge-Elk River-Foley-Milaca-Mora-Ogilvie Fishing Reports

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

It's ok I would have tossed it back

Good to see you got out there finally moose. go get em !

Thinking I should try a night bite soon? That would allow for me to find sh during the week.

• Thumbs Up 1

The night bite is being kind to me should have got more fatheads

• Thumbs Up 1

Live update fishing the edge of a drop off from 6 to 8 feet of water along the line. Catching lots of little bluegills and a few small crappies.missed one northern pike and hit my Sucker minnow under my float. there is about 16 inches of ice and I drove my truck out

IMG_0791.JPG

IMG_0792.JPG

IMG_0793.JPG

IMG_0794.JPG

IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0800.JPG

• Thumbs Up 4

Got one pike

IMG_0802.JPG

• Thumbs Up 4

It is a great jig 

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah they hammered it! Yesterday had a bigger jig on and they just sucked on it and I missed a lot. Put that on and caught nearly every bite I had.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Fishing Frenzy said:

Yeah they hammered it! Yesterday had a bigger jig on and they just sucked on it and I missed a lot. Put that on and caught nearly every bite I had.

That is great to hear keep up great fishing 

Driving trucks out on basically every lake now? I have only been to Leech and Mille Lacs so far, hoping to hit metro lakes on sunday with the wife and 2 year old

Most lakes are between 10 and 15 inches

Yeah it had big bump in its belly but it was released

10 hours ago, MJ1657 said:

Looks like its been eating well. 

• Thumbs Up 1

My old man met me on the lake today and I showed him I am a skilled angler! lol we had a great fish fry!

IMG_0815.JPG

My old man only added one crappie and 5 gills to the bunch

• Thumbs Up 3

For details fished 18 to 21 feet of water away from the city on ice. The bait that the fish preferred was again the smallest pug bug with black maki mino or white. Red, watermelon, shiner, and pink did not work. The snitch was able to detect the lightest bites as my dad was use a blue ice noodle and was not having any luck. Once I got my dad to switch to one my meat rigs it was game on. He was using a older st. croix legend with white custom jigs spins 3mm tungsten jig. He was adding a waxworm and caught a few fish but I was still out fishing him 10 to 1 or more. I did get 8 gills over 9 inches which was great to see for this lake. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Can't wait to get out fishing to relax and only think about catching fish.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey Moose ... what size Pug Bug do you typically use?  Smaller or bigger on your locale lake? ;)  also, do you use the xl maki minnow or the smaller regular one?  For Crappies, noticed that the xl seems to catch bigger fish but not as much quantity?  Curious about your thoughts?

Cret

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I use all 3 sizes of pug bugs. I should up size more but the gills don't like the xl mino as much. With the medium sized pug bug I use the whole maki mino the 1 inch one. With the small pug bug I pinch off some of the body to help with short strikes. 

Yesterday I was out scouting for the get together to find us some productive water or spots. Fishing not easy I caught some gills, bass, crappies, and pike. Thinking I need to look for some less pressured areas of the lake. I would moved around the lake but the wind was killing me. So I set up the shack and fished. I did not get as many photos as I thought I took.

IMG_0822.JPG

IMG_0823.JPG

I took photos of the bass and crappies but I must not have saved them

• Thumbs Up 3

• 3 weeks later...

Went up north today with @eyeguy 54 and we found plenty of ice if the access would have been better we would have driven out. We fished hard as both of us have similar fishing styles. We jump hole to hole picking off the aggressive fish with plastics. The wind did not do us any favors but we still caught a good number of fish. If eyeguy took photos maybe he will post em. Thank you eyeguy for the call I wanted to get out fishing today. 

IMG_0867.JPG

IMG_0868.JPG

IMG_0869.JPG

• Thumbs Up 3

fun time on new ice. :)  no pics today. I was lazy...  lol 

• Thumbs Up 3

Went fishing with @river rat316. Fished about 10 feet of water. Caught many gills from 5 to 9 inches. River rat caught a great large mouth. I caught fair number of crappies a couple dandies. I am going to miss ice fishing until next time.

• Thumbs Up 3

• The title was changed to Moose's Report - Cambridge-Elk River-Foley-Milaca-Mora-Ogilvie Fishing Reports