Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

monstermoose78

Moose's Report - Cambridge-Elk River-Foley-Milaca-Mora-Ogilvie Fishing Reports

Fishing Frenzy

Great Fish! To bad about the Walleye.:)

monstermoose78

It's ok I would have tossed it back

Kelly Oman

Nice job moose!

eyeguy 54

Good to see you got out there finally moose. go get em !

monstermoose78

Thinking I should try a night bite soon? That would allow for me to find sh during the week.

• Like 1

monstermoose78

The night bite is being kind to me should have got more fatheads

• Like 1

river rat316

Dammit .... Knew I should have gotten out there

monstermoose78

Moose wins!! @river rat316

monstermoose78

Live update fishing the edge of a drop off from 6 to 8 feet of water along the line. Catching lots of little bluegills and a few small crappies.missed one northern pike and hit my Sucker minnow under my float. there is about 16 inches of ice and I drove my truck out

IMG_0791.JPG

IMG_0792.JPG

IMG_0793.JPG

IMG_0794.JPG

IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0800.JPG

• Like 4

monstermoose78

Got one pike

IMG_0802.JPG

• Like 3

Fishing Frenzy

Nice pike! Tryed your pug bug jig today moose and it worked really well!

• Like 1

monstermoose78

It is a great jig 

• Like 1

Fishing Frenzy

Yeah they hammered it! Yesterday had a bigger jig on and they just sucked on it and I missed a lot. Put that on and caught nearly every bite I had.

• Like 1

monstermoose78
12 minutes ago, Fishing Frenzy said:

Yeah they hammered it! Yesterday had a bigger jig on and they just sucked on it and I missed a lot. Put that on and caught nearly every bite I had.

That is great to hear keep up great fishing 

Jplante

Driving trucks out on basically every lake now? I have only been to Leech and Mille Lacs so far, hoping to hit metro lakes on sunday with the wife and 2 year old

monstermoose78

Most lakes are between 10 and 15 inches

Jplante

ok, thanks moose

• Like 1

MJ1657
On 1/8/2017 at 7:10 PM, monstermoose78 said:

Got one pike

IMG_0802.JPG

Looks like its been eating well. 

• Like 1

monstermoose78

Yeah it had big bump in its belly but it was released

10 hours ago, MJ1657 said:

Looks like its been eating well. 

• Like 1

monstermoose78

My old man met me on the lake today and I showed him I am a skilled angler! lol we had a great fish fry!

IMG_0815.JPG

My old man only added one crappie and 5 gills to the bunch

• Like 3

monstermoose78

For details fished 18 to 21 feet of water away from the city on ice. The bait that the fish preferred was again the smallest pug bug with black maki mino or white. Red, watermelon, shiner, and pink did not work. The snitch was able to detect the lightest bites as my dad was use a blue ice noodle and was not having any luck. Once I got my dad to switch to one my meat rigs it was game on. He was using a older st. croix legend with white custom jigs spins 3mm tungsten jig. He was adding a waxworm and caught a few fish but I was still out fishing him 10 to 1 or more. I did get 8 gills over 9 inches which was great to see for this lake. 

• Like 4

monstermoose78

Can't wait to get out fishing to relax and only think about catching fish.

• Like 2

Cret Jigs

Hey Moose ... what size Pug Bug do you typically use?  Smaller or bigger on your locale lake? ;)  also, do you use the xl maki minnow or the smaller regular one?  For Crappies, noticed that the xl seems to catch bigger fish but not as much quantity?  Curious about your thoughts?

Cret

• Like 1

monstermoose78

I use all 3 sizes of pug bugs. I should up size more but the gills don't like the xl mino as much. With the medium sized pug bug I use the whole maki mino the 1 inch one. With the small pug bug I pinch off some of the body to help with short strikes. 

Yesterday I was out scouting for the get together to find us some productive water or spots. Fishing not easy I caught some gills, bass, crappies, and pike. Thinking I need to look for some less pressured areas of the lake. I would moved around the lake but the wind was killing me. So I set up the shack and fished. I did not get as many photos as I thought I took.

IMG_0822.JPG

IMG_0823.JPG

I took photos of the bass and crappies but I must not have saved them

• Like 3