Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
LOWinEYEin

current rainy conditions?

LOWinEYEin

Anyone been out on the river. Would it be worth a day trip this weekend??? Open to suggest ions

fiskyknut

Water is up and flowing pretty good thru the river these days.

Would it be worth it ?? Sure why not !!

I'd bet you could find some pretty good Smallie action anyhow.

fiskyknut

fishuhalik

Where do you usually find the smallies out there? Gonna be heading up to the river next week for some sturgeon and eyes, wouldn't mind adding some smallies to the mix.

TrophyBob

For smallies, cut the river in half closer you go to International Falls the more smallies there. Smallies are all up and down the River. They are close to the shores, on weed points,small sand bars,near the little deeper water next to it. At the large rocks close to shore. The river has lots of them. At Birchdale back and forth on the weedlines no problem. get to the state park where the large rocks are near the shoreline they are there. shallow water you have to sneak up on them. i use simple beetle spins but they hit on lots of stuff.The big ones like to hit straighten out your hook as it heads back to the middle of the river again. For Muskies and Northerns i seen 25 pounders jump out of the water lots of times there. From the primary breaklines. Why i don't know. Spotted Muskie jump out of the waters there too. Only place where i seen Muskie & Northern live together seen lots of 25 pounders at Rainey River. This time of the year there jumping.

fishuhalik

Thanks for the tips. We'll be staying at the Dutchman and hopefully the sturg keep us busy but it's always nice to have a backup plan!

LOWinEYEin

Thanks fisky..we ended up hitting the river last Saturday (hot..sunny). Wen went just north of Itnl Falls, then headed north to the bogger hole..5 walleyes, 1smallie, snapped off twice by submarines smile. The sturgeon were jumping all over with the closest 20ft from the boat...

fishuhalik

That's what I like to hear! We've got some tried and true spots closer to Baudette that we'll be hitting, but what kinda depth did the sturg bite at? And we're you fishing for em or were they accidental?

Cecil

Is the river still up or has it dropped some?

BartmanMN

Curious to see if we get any rain this Fall or not. I'm assuming the River is still really low?

fiskyknut

Yepper pretty low it looks.

hnd

last year when we went up there it was high.

BartmanMN

last year when we went up there it was high.

What month were you there? I was there in November and it was very Low.

hnd

sorry. i just remembered i didn't go last year! it was 2 years ago. discharge was usually at like 4-5000. that year it was 20 something the week we went. could hardly keep a 1/2 oz jig underneath you. had to move to a 3/4 or get closer to shore.