• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

RAGOM Golden Retriever missing- Orchard Lake area

A RAGOM rescue Golden Retriever apparently got away from his foster parent last Saturday and has been missing since in the Orchard Lake area... He was last sighted in the wooded area off Kenyon Ave on the west side of I-35 near the trailer park... searchers reported seeing a leash trail (he still has his leash on) leading into the wooded area off Kodiak Ct... the wooded area is between 175th St and Kettering Trail... Also, a woman called saying that her son saw a Golden Retriever with a leash on Orchard Lake Sunday... Apparently he was seen in either North or West area of Orchard Lake...

Kekoa is a 7 years old dark red Golden Retriever... he has two collars on him... one being a harley davidson and other being purple... He also has a RAGOM tag on him...

Heres the link to the flyer... Contact number is posted on the flyer...

http://ragom.org/Kekoa/Kekoa_Flyer.pdf

Please KEEP a close eye out for Kekoa when you're ice-fishing on Orchard Lake or whenever you're in the area... Its very vital that we find Kekoa seeing how the cold front moved in tonite...

Kekoa respond to males better than females... Answers to either "Kekoa" or "Buddy"... two claps will also tend to get a response out him too, along with "cookie"...

Many thanks!!!

Maybe send flyer to WCCO, KARE 11 or KSTP via internet.

Maybe not get on air time but they are great about putting this type info on web pages....maybe radio spot also.

Saddens me this happened...guess I'm to far away to really help.

^%$#

Just a thought.

Hope you find yer best good red frined.

Tommy

It seems that a leash trail has been spotted in Ritter Park south of 185th... This would put Kekoa in an area between Orchard and Marion... Just an update...

I post this with a very heavy & sad heart... The search for Kekoa has ended Sunday afternoon... He has been found but it was too late as he already has passed over the Rainbow Bridge...

Volunteers again scourned over the area surrounding Ritter Farm Park in Lakeville and finally found Kekoa barely noticable laying peacefully in the snow off I-35... It has been determined that he was struck by a vehicle and killed... it was also estimated that he was laying there since Monday or Tuesday... The searcher(s) who found him has said that it was obvious that Kekoa didnt suffer...

It was determined that Kekoa traveled approximately 2 miles south after bolting from his foster home, before a break in the fence allowed him to access the I-35 cooridor where he traveled back north for another 100 or so yards before crossing eastward, being struck by a vehicle...

Kekoa was released to his previous owners, who had surrendered Kekoa out of pure love believing that RAGOM would be better suited to help Kekoa with his severe anxiety problem which apparently got worse after Kekoa's older brother, Kainoa (also a Golden Retriever), passed away earlier... Kekoa's owners brought him back to Wisconsin for proper burial earlier tonight... Kekoa's owners made treks over here from Fond du Lac, Wisconsin twice to help with the search including an all-nighter drive on Monday night, arriving here Tuesday morning and again last Friday...

This tragedy has brought out the best in many who had volunteered in many different ways, from the search parties who endured cold temperature to the people who made donations towards the "Find Kekoa" fund up to members of RAGOM who spearheaded this whole effort... God Bless all of you who helped in every way possible and RAGOM... Even tho it wasnt safely, we still got to bring Kekoa home...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!
    • monstermoose78
      How is everyone doing? Holy moly it’s chilly this morning I stayed in bed and will hunt later today when it warms up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.