• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

So many 20 inchers out there. Everyone is catching them. 😄😉🐟

• Yayyyy 1

1 hour ago, eyeguy 54 said:

So many 20 inchers out there. Everyone is catching them. 😄😉🐟

If you know what you’re doing. 😄  

114F1BE3-612A-41E2-A3A7-347017764E53.thumb.jpeg.e3848d2de036a01a832550e431af7218.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2

I see you guys fishing while working well in St. Cloud anyways 

16 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Well,

CE7280B1-50A3-4841-84B7-B34DEFFBCEE3.jpeg.fe263b7998d8db87dfacb4906f149f37.jpeg

then…

😗

Well now😁.  Much better content that the "lost love spell" post😏. Thank you, Wanderer😁

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

The creek  bite has been nothing short of awesome as we come to the end of Sep.... Some days are definitely better than others, but even the slow days plenty of fish can be caught if you put in a little time and effort.  

3 and 4 inch z-man plastics as well as grub style plastics have been getting the job done for me again this week.  Also been using some number 5 shad raps just to change things up a bit... 😁

IMG_20220923_112446821_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220922_130107572_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20220922_123415078_HDR.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Found a new area of the river to fish last time I went to my previous spot 4 people were fishing in that area cant complain and not even upset I dont own the river, I  fished the full moon last night and all I could catch were bass and catfish, for some reason I can't catch a walleye on open water.

20221010_132947.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Winter is officially here, lol.  I have been finding between 3-5 inches of ice in the St. Cloud area this last week.  Pretty sure all of our area lakes are locked up with ice, except the places the swans and geese have kept open that is.  Some of the smaller shallow lakes are ready for foot traffic and have already had people fishing.  

Hit one of the lakes West of town this morning, 5 inches of clear hard ice.  Had to settle for a second choice spot out of the wind a bit... Worked hard to find the school...but one I did finally land on them 😁😁😁

IMG_20221201_130412406_HDR~2.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

Get after em guys!!

Finding between 3-7 inches of ice around most of the st cloud area. Was on one of the bigger lakes and one of the shallower ones in our area today. On the larger lake,

lots of ice in the bays, but main lake had roughly 3 inches where I checked.  The Shallow one had right around 7 inches.  Fish bit very well on one, and not so great on the other. 

IMG_20221205_111306898_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20221205_103825540.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

On 12/1/2022 at 3:46 PM, Horseshoe_Don said:

Horseshoe ice fishing has started

20221201_144320.jpg

You're not fishing too far from home I see.  I was going to pop a couple holes on Saturday to check the status, I'm on the other side of the point.  Did you mark any fish on those bumps?  

lotz of people out on the chain today. schneider, horseshoe, becker, cedar island, long.

a few on browns but dang i could swear there are 2 spots out there with open water??????

Looks like the temps are going to fall below zero at night next week from Tue until next Sunday so far.  That should get some ice making. 

• 2 weeks later...

any idea how thick the ice is on the chain???????

took a drive today, there was a truck with a wheelhouse out from the winter access on or near the point that goes into the channel area towards the meth hole 😣🥴 as well as a truck in the bay by mertens. 

there are trucks parked on the ice near the shoreline on both sides!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1

I haven't been out there since the last big storm. A buddy told me 8-12 inches on most of the lakes over there.  

I was on a smaller lake today, 8 inches of ice on this lake with about two of that being white ice. There is plenty of snow out there, was tough being Mobil today. Managed to find a decent school suspended about half way down over the deepest basin on this particular lake. 4mm wonder bread on a purple P3 plastic 

IMG_20221226_135305389_HDR~2.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

16 hours ago, smurfy said:

hope that ticker of yours is behaving!!!!!!!!!👍

Right, hope he checked with his Doctor to make sure his heart is strong enough for Safe Ice sexing!  😋

Edited by leech~~
  • Yayyyy 2