Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Walleye water

Wheeler's Point

5 posts in this topic

Heading up to Wheeler's point with a group this weekend (Thurs-Sun). Looking for some input as to how the bite has been, any lures we need to have and the fish house conditions. I've never been out of Wheeler's and don't know what to expect.

Thanks..

I'm heading out in a few hours, any info would be much appreciated....

Plenty of posts on the area lately give them a good read over before you go and you'll have a good idea.

Pink jigs and rattlin varmits with either pink, or red or gold on them. I quit using a bare hook. A month ago that was the ticket this time was a very small pink jig with a minnow hooked eye to eye. Flasher was key. To trigger the strike I had to bring the fish up about a foot off the bottom and then they would either commit or go back to the bottom. Using a 1/4 oz jig was too big and I kept loosing the minnow. I went to a 1/16 oz crappie pink jig and that was the ticket. I also quit using the mono and went to crystal to get a better hook set. Good luck. Sure wish I was going again this year.

small gold gem n eyes and glow red and glow white jigs worked 2 weeks ago.but everyday is diff on the big pond.