Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boar

Long Point Report 1st @ 2nd

7 posts in this topic

Boy I did'nt think we'd do as well as we did. Sat. was the slowest day an quit about 3 o'clock to give my daughter an her friend time to pal around at the cabin, brought back six for the day. Sunday was better an it really picked up in the middle of the snow that came in an when the snow stoped, so did the fish. all in all the 3 of us brought home just short of 3 limits. put back lots of little ones, from 4 to 6 to 8 inches long. good to see a variety of good healthy year classes up incoming. the girls out fished me, man is it great to watch them master the old school hand over hand method, man dose it take alot of patience to sit there an untangle the old school hand over hand method dacron fishing line. But, thats what it's all about. whatching them squeel an giggle as they bring in a fish an then act all cool an diva like afterwards, Lots of fun. Later boar

Thanks for the report, Boar! Wanted to get up there to LP this past weekend but Didn't work out...bummer...sure can relate to the girls..sounds like they sure had a good time and got to pull some fish up!! My daughter does the same thing!!

Gator

boar just wondering if you were fishing over by twin islands still, and have you heard if anybody is doing anything over by birch beach area i'm comming up on thursday to sunday maybe i'll run into you if your going to be up.

john s

Nice to see that you had some luck --

What were they biting on? any tackle out-fish the other stuff??

thanks

hit

Yea I'm still ove by Twin Islands, 32'. Havent heard of anything from birch beach at all, The best set up that works for me is to have one jigging hole an a orange hook under a ice buster bobber trimed down to almost nuetral bouyancy. I'm sure we would have caught alot more bigger fish if it was'nt for the unstable weather patterns. Not going to make this weekend have a big honeydo list. Later boar

Boar, thanks for the report, haven't been up there for about 3 weeks, hope to get going later this week. Will have a report on here or will give you a jingle if we go.

I always love to read your reports. Your love for your children and spending time with them really comes through. Halle and Abbey are gonna be terrific pals.

Glad to hear that you really got into em' again on Sunday. You must be getting fat on Walleyes this winter!

I'm really looking forward to spending time back on the water with you bud! It's been a long time.