Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
northerndave

Walleye Jon & others.. sleeper question.

14 posts in this topic

I have a friend coming up to LOW with 3 others, 4 total & they are looking for advice on sleepers. Obviosly they want to catch fish, and they are looking for the full deal, transportation to & from, rods & everything.

Dude's Name is Brair from Bermidgee.

Did I miss anything Blair? Dates?

Next weekend, Saturday overnight. 2 of the 4 will be ladies (one of them originally from da range and appropriately low maintenance ... the other unknown)

That'd about do it.

Call Arnesen's. See what they have. The guides love to see women there and usually treat them very well..

First of all, how much did you pay Blair to refer to him as a friend?

As for your question, I personally have never rented a sleeper, and can't recall ever talking to anyone who had. Your "friend" is going to have to call around, escpecially since he wants to go next Saturday, and I doubt there is going to be much available. Wish I could be more help.

Booooo!!! You suck "Pout Jon Paul"!!!

BTW, I made sure to pack a good tow strap for that yellow sled of yours for tomorrow.

\:\)

You may experience a short delay in any retaliation that may be warrented from what you post next... I'm off to meetings, you big meaner...

The sled will be fine, I had it fixed for real after you fixed it remember....and only the lettering is yellow. Unless of course you mean that I will be pulling your broken down butt back to shore, then I can understand why you packed it.

Are you going to help put Blair on some fish or are we just going to sling insults at each other?

(I'm cool with either really, I was just curious...)

What do you want me to say? The fish this time of year are spread out over the mud flats, and hanging around the sharp drop offs near the reefs. There will probablly be a number of fish coming through suspended that are typically pretty aggressive. Saugers should not be hard to catch less than a foot off the bottom. Use a jig with some glow red or pink on the dead stick, and work something like a gold Buckshot tipped with a small minnow or just its head on your jigger. It will make life a lot easier if at least one person has a flasher, just so you can tell if there are fish down there, where they're at, and which baits they like more.....

You mean stuff like that nd? Cause if you do, I can't right now, I'm too busy.

Hmmm. I suppose you guys could get REALLY creative with the insults (yet clean enough so nobody has to CONTACTUSREGARDINGTHISWORD)I could just print the thread and do a poetry reading for Doecamper's guests.

Course I could also do the same thing while drinking beer and ripping lips through the ice ... with bonus style points for the poetry reading ...

Walleye Jon is over stimulated because we are going "across" the lake tomorrow to a legondary walleye "spanktuarry" on snowmobiles...

He seems cranky but he's really just suffering from his limited thinking capacity, the big day tomorrow is quite a distraction.

\:o

I can't even take that as an insult, because you're right. I caught myself staring at my untied shoelace for 20 minutes as I planned how and what I was going to pack into the Otter for the journey. Then I got up, and tripped on the still undone lace.

hmm, that's a sign... good fishing, I've seen it before.

Told the wife I was going fishing tomorrow... she said she would probably paint the living room.... [PoorWordUsage] does that mean Jon? I mean really, what does that mean???

I guess it means I'm going fishing. I'll bring beer if you don't mind natty light, Our fearless leader dropped off 4 cases of that stuff at my house last night for plowing his driveway...

I don't think he understands I just like smashing snow around with my old truck & he just simply has better snow to smash than I do at home....