Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bothun

What to bring?

17 posts in this topic

I'm heading up to arneson's tomorrow for a few days. What things should i bring that you generally dont think of?

This is my first trip to LOTW

that depends on if your staying at resort sleeper or if your going tobe using portables.

we'll be using arneson's day houses

Bothun, I'll give my my normal checklist before I head for the lake.

1. Wallet

2. Vexilar

3. Rods

4. Bait & tackle

5. Snacks

6. Mountain Money (toilet paper)

7. Auger

8. Everything else is just extra!!

9.beer

10.extension

11.blankets,pillow

every time i go to my house i always bring an extra heater and lantern.cause you never what could happen out on the ice.

beer, don't forget if you buy it tomorrow, you might be stuck with 3/2, just a warning.

12. multi-tool to get the hooks out

Muskyjim, thats taken care of. \

Will my scout 2 work out there?

I brought my portable and auger last time and did not need it. I would bring a fry pan and stuff to cook fish and a book. The resorts will keep the holes open for you so unless you are portable you wont need a lot of things. I did not have a lake map so mvoing on my own would have been a [PoorWordUsage] shoot. This time to save money on gas I am taking a ford focus instead of the Explorer and let the resort drive me on and off the lake.

Years ago I used to drive a Scout 2 and it got around on the ice quite good. If you have good tires on that thing you should be good to go....Bring a shovel though just incase!!

fiskyknut

Aqua Vu Scout 2

I guess I would'nt bother with the camera up here this time of year. I reckon if the bite is dead it'd be something to fiddle around with though!

Seat cushion!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: sal
Seat cushion!!!!!!!!!!

Amen to that \:D

If you think you could possibly fish outdoors, It is a good thing to bring suntan lotion. something about the suns intensity and the glare of the ice thats burns your face to a crisp.

I won't be outside. Below zero everyday i tihnk id rather sit in the warm house.

Been burnt by the sun up there a couple times. Once it was 55 on the ice and sunny.

The other time it was late in the season and my dad, uncle and I drove the Excursion and atv out and it was too warm to sit in the portables. The temp reading in the X was 69 and it was sunny with no wind. I wore just a t-shirt but my dad and uncle went bare back. They built a snow man bare back and I snapped a few pics for the photo album. The fishing was good but not like early ice.