Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boar

Anyone have sattilite T.V. in their house?

6 posts in this topic

I posted this on the ice fishing forum to: I have a spare reciever an was thinking on getting a spare tv an a spare dish an mount the dish hook it up to the reciever an tv to deep cycle battery an just bring a activated card from home each time this should work right? Do ya know how long a heavy deep cycle would last on a reciever an tv. couple days? I know how to point it to the correct longitude an Latitude. Later boar

Yes Sir Boar you will be all set. I cant tell you how long the battery will last i use a generator.

yes if you have the card and the correct reciever it should work.but as for the battery not sure how long it will last.

Thanks guys, I can just as easily bring the correct reciever an card. boar

I don't have one myself, but I do know of alot of people who do, the reciever itself won't take much juice, the T.V is all dependent on size, color drains em faster, etc. Enjoy the channel surfing, I think the reciever will say how many amps etc it draws,

Boar: Don't forget you'll need an inverter to get 120vac to run the converter. A small generator will be the best bet if your going to use it for hours at a time. I have a 1000 watt Honda I use to recharge my deep cycles, but haven't taken out a Sat-dish yet.. I know that my color TV drains the deep cycles pretty fast. They won't last for a for a complete football game when you use the interior lights too.. In my camper I use a tri-pod to hold the dish, which is much better than trying to mount it on the camper. I picked up a quartz light combo at Menard's for $20 and took off the top lamps. It's small and packs away easily.. If you have the local Mpls stations in your package, they come in up at LOTW too... Kaz