Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew Erickson

it came

13 posts in this topic

here it is! >> 9ft 5 wt

top picture is kinda crappy

Wow, that was fast. Didn't you just order it a couple days ago?

I like the wood reel seat and the way it contrasts with the chrome around it. Handle looks good and the color of the rod is nice too.

Cabela's will stand behind it too, and I'm sure you'll get hundreds of great fishing hours out of it. I love my Cabela's Genesis rod, and that's a step or two down from the one you just bought.

Only 67 days until April 1st!

yea it did come really fast.I ordered it on monday night

Uh-oh...it's begun! I can see it already. Every year, or two you'll be buying a new rod and reel combo to fit a new purpose/species/fly size. \:\)

It's addictive. Just bought a new rod last fall, and still have two more on the wish list. crazy.gif

Congrats. Looks like a nice rig.

For what it's worth, one of the first rods I got was a Cabelas combo too, but not as nice as the one you got. I've put it through quite a bit, but it still keeps on casting.

yea im kinda mad about the one i got because the rod seat fell off,i guess the glue didnt fully stick or something so we have to return it this weekend and get a new one

My guess is they went too light on the Epoxy, so there was less point of contact.

I know you bought it online but I wonder if you can take it right up to Cabelas in Rogers this weekend and take care of it?

yea thats what we are doin

Rinc,

Didn't know you were a "fly guy", I'm very impressed! Are you going to try for a muskie on a fly this year? That would be too cool!

Chris

haha yea i love fly fishing.I probably will in the future but right now i only have 2 5wts but would love to get a 10wt

I think that would really be fun!

Once you get a little closer to trying it and have a heavier set-up, you should ask some questions of a guy from Oregon who posts on our Muskie/Pike board is PDXFisher. I'm sure he would be willing to help you out, then you can in turn teach me! I was thinking of the couple you caught from shore, how fun would that be on a fly.

Chris

yea that would be awesome stickin a 50 on the fly!