Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
mnfinsandfur

Soft Water Tournaments

mnfinsandfur

I know we are in the middle of ice fishing season but I thought that I would start a discussion about some tournaments for this summer. I know a few sportsman’s clubs around the area have club tournaments and SW fishing club had a large tournament on Sarah last year. Is anyone interested in a tournament series on the local lakes in SW MN?

Maybe one tourney a month? Starting around opener? Any ideas………………….

I think the guys that ran the Sarah tournament are well equipped to start up a tournament series..

idratherbefishing

Sounds like fun. I'm in!

mnfinsandfur

I think there is an intrest in a tournamanet series down here in SW MN. If anyone is interested in joining forces to set it up please let me know. If we could get a few local sporting goods and bait shop onboard I think we may have some good turnouts. My email is mnfinsandfur@yahoo.com.

firebug

I'd be glad to help out. Just let me know what you would need. How about a father/daughter, father/son tourney thrown in there once in awhile.

Eric Wettschreck

That's an awesome idea!!!

Hopefully, once things thaw a bit and I can get to my boat (it's buried under snow) I can get it fixed to fish some tournaments this year.

PerchPounder

Sounds like a great idea. Too bad my summer is pretty full already.

muc33

gear headed grease monkey

Trick

Yep...I think that'd be great to get something like that going. I would definately be interested in fishing in it & if there is anything I can do to help out gimme a shout. Lake Shetek has thier tournement the week after opener & always have a good turn out. It'd be fun to have something like that to look forward to on a monthly basis.

Trick

Rost

I'd be interested in coming back for one or two of these. I miss my old stomping grounds.

PerchPounder

Originally Posted By: muc33
gear headed grease monkey

Jealousy?

idratherbefishing

We should put something together, maybe get together with any of the local sportsman/fishing clubs. Not sure what the permit process entails or what kind of fees are required? Maybe have 4 or 5 tourneys. Sarah, Shetek, Round, Okabena, Big Stone, LQP, Benton, Fish, any of these lakes would be fun.

mnfinsandfur

Let's set a date and location to meet and set this up. Would Worthington be the best location???? How about a date... maybe the 23rd of Feb. Any locals know a good meeting place?

I think it would be a good idea if we can get the guys that run the existing tournaments (Benton LIFE, SW Fishing Club, Shetek, ect....) onboard too!

idratherbefishing

That would work for me. Maybe i'll talk to a member of the SWMN Fishing Club and see what he thinks. Give me a call at 507.360.9923

mr. leadcore

can soneone tell me if the swmn fishing club has any dates for tournaments this year or any info about the club. just moved back to the area and want to fish a few tournaments in the area. you can send them to me at walleye1@hotmail.com

thanks

Bigeye30"

Hey idratherbefishing, if you need a partner for one or two of these, let me know, although I'll trailer my boat for a spare this time, so we don't have to wake everyone up at 5 am on a sunday, lol Let me know asap when that tourney is that we fished last year, I definately want to make that one an annual thing. Plus I figure the way everything went that day it can only add to the book of the trials and tribulations that our fishing excursions have brought to us.

ushkybushky

Hey idratherbefishing, I would maybe make it down for a tourney preferably the one that Bigeye is fishing in so I can show him how its done. ha ha j/k kinda

sw/mn fishing

I ran the SW/MN fishing League over the past 3 years and am no longer running it due to insurance and DNR fees. I would be interested in giving you information or the format that I used if someone is interested in starting something?? It was a great time and besides learning the local lakes you get to meet a lot of great people. The lakes that we fished focused more around the Marshall area. If someone is interested in more information you can e-mail me at dkkraft@hotmail.com

Bigeye30"

Uh oh Bill from what it sounds like we have some new competition, this could get interesting,

idratherbefishing

ushkybushky, it would be an experience!

idratherbefishing

He aint got nothing on us in our tournament boat! We may have to use it again for good luck. Actually the SS idontgiveashoot could be on the market for sale in the near future. Ill keep you posted.

Bigeye30"

We may have to pursue that purchase, that thing is setup sweet, and we already know it catches fish.

ushkybushky

WOW!! Did your SS idontgiveashoot even have a Dedpthfinder in it.

How did you know were the transition areas were. You know like between the mud and the sand or maybe the rocks and the gravel.

Maybe thats why Bigeye30 caught that fish in his avatar.

By the way Bigeye why are you trying to rip the head off that fish. lol

lol. ha ha

Bigeye30"

Depth Finder who needs that, we just stuck the oar over the side every once in awhile, if we couldn't reach bottom we new it was over 4 feet, lol Jk. That fish in my avator was just caught recently, I don't see anything wrong with that hold, lol

ushkybushky

nice photoshop job. lol j/k

lunker00

any more info on these tournaments