Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JClay

Washington

28 posts in this topic

Is anyone on here participating in the Lake Washington fishing tournament on Sunday the 27th?

I might be. Oh, I'm a sponsor too. grin.gif

I will be fishing it... hopefully i will walk away with something, at least a give away. should be a fun time

TO - are you doing any raffles or give aways at the tournament.

I donated 2 full day guide trips as prizes.

Is this the tourney they have in a roped in area? or can one go anywhere?

There are selected areas but not sure where.

Is there a sign up and fee to attend or is it a just show up and fish kinda deal?

i wouldnt mind going but at 30.00 pre entry and 40.00 dollars the day of it is a little too steep for me

Information about the tournament is available on MSU's website under "Events". The tournament is titled "The Big Bobber".

Not sure how they have my donated trips set up.

well i broke down and bought 2 tickets for my son and i!!!!!!!!!!!!! i figured what the hay its only money \:\)

Have a good time.

We have all the details at our store plus the tickets.

Anybody else Going? Just bought my ticket. Better hurry if you still want to get one for $30.00

Jim

I will be there. The prizes are spread out from biggest ($2500 cash) to the 100th biggest ($1000 cash). If you fish and think you can catch one in the top 100 then your $30 is worth it. I just bought my ticket at the BOBBER SHOP in Mankato. I thought I heard of a 3 day guided trip to Rainy Lake for 2, fish traps, augers, vexilars, etc. Very nice prizes. I am excited. Fish that weigh the same are going to be placed based on time of entry getting the higher place. One prize per entry, one hole per ticket. If you catch a 15 ounce fish and then 20 mins later catch a 1.5 lb fish and you weight that fish, then that will take your position and the smaller fish will be dumped. Fun with the places always changing. You CAN NOT fish inside any sort of shelter. All fishermen have to fish outside on the ice. All buckets, equipment, etc will be inspected before entry to the designated area. All holes will be pre drilled. You cant enter the area with out a ticket. There will be 100+ MSU athletes on the ice monitoring the event. I also saw that lie detector tests may have to be taken if there is any suspition to cheating. With over 100 athletes monitoring and other people all over the ice, every fish actually caught will not go un noticed, every one around the angler catching a fish will notice. If you plan on trying to cheat your tournament is at Hiniker pond. Have fun I will.

Also there will be food and drink served on the ice!!!

I'll problibly be there. The wife wants the $2500. grin.gif

Im fishing in the tournament sun. I was out there sun and got the general area. Off the boat ramp at the resort is a tent and the guy at the resort said the fishing area will probably be to the left of the tent. fished for about 90 min and caught 1 nice bluegill, hope I get one that size next sun. Im heading to brainerd fri. for the extravaganza sat., looking forward to both days on the ice.

How did you all do? It was a spectacular day to be on the ice.

The tourny was alot of fun. For those of you the wern't there. Their was only 96 fish caught. Most of the fish were caught right away within the first 45 min. A 1.36lb bass took home the big money. As for my, Tried about everything. Marked 2 fish all day. My one and only .26 lb sunnie caught at 2:54, was good enough for 76th.

Great event and a big Congrates to MSU Atletics and all the sponsers involved. Things really seemed to run smooth. Looking forward to it again in the future.

I was there as well and caught one sunnie that weighed in at .28 lbs in the first half hour which got me 61st ....It was fun, wish more fish would have been caught though...

I figured you'd be good for at least 1 sheephead. Thanks for disappointing me.

I was on the lake Sunday, but not part of the contest. Is it just me or has Washington really slowed down this year? We did ok on sunnies early ice, and especially in past years. Now it seems like they are harder to come by. Whats the deal?

i had one bite right away but off it came when reeling it in marked fish thoughout the day but had no takers had fun though

Why were there prizes left over from the Big Bobber Ice fishing tourney? Someone that did not participate gave me a couple hundred dollar gift cards, that he said were "left over" from the contest. I would have figured that everything donated would have been given away to participants.

Dustin

everything that they advertised for prizes was given away i know i was there and saw it