Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Walleye One

Reel Weeds

2 posts in this topic

Has anybody tried the "structure on a stick" or "reel weeds" up on LOW. Is it worth buying any and bringing them up.

Thanks

We are going to try them up there in March when we tip up fish. I would imagine they would do the trick!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• kunzi26
      Hey all,   I'm sure everyone has heard, but we're finally getting some nice freezing weather heading in from up north (https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/56303:4:US). Early next week nightly lows will be sub 10's. So with ice season quickly approaching, I'd like to know what everyone usually does getting prepared to walk on water. As a newbie to ice fishing (only done it the last two seasons), I'm curious to see how everyone preps their gear and what other things you all do before going out on the ice. I finally got my hands on a nice flasher and power auger to add to the rest of my gear, any suggestions for nifty equipment to help make things easier?    This is open for any discussion on any ice fishing tips for newer fishers! Please feel free to ask questions or discuss your prep process for the season. Let's all hope for this forecast to follow through and get some good ice out there.    -JK
    • Hoey
      Forecast temperature-wise looks favorable for ice mid- to late-next week, but it does not look like the winds are going to cooperate.  
    • fishersofmen
      Would be nice to get some ice that's for sure. No doubt these forums have gone cold. 5-6 years ago there would be dozens of posts daily just on this thread. Maybe the newness of these forums has wore off or because everything has been hashed over a couple hundred times I don't know. I'm ready for some ice fishing I know that.
    • WBcrappiekiller
      My ryobi wouldnt cut it  So i bought an 18v blac &  decker COULD ONLY drill 3 holes with two batteries think if i get the larger ion batts for same drill will do the job cause had great torque
    • Turk
      Morning all – couple things, one water temp and two the bite.
      I attached an image it shows a slug of “warm” water coming south from Stillwater. Warm as in 40 degrees but for those of you that like open water early winter fishing as I do, then you know one key is water in the low 40’s high 30s. I do not expect the water from the north to warm the water but it can stabilize the temp. So again that is a good thing.   Two, The bite it goes in spurts but when they are hitting and hitting is the right word because they will shock your forewarn and CRUSH jigs especially jigs and plastics, its a thrill. When they are on its pretty good.. The weather has been what you would expect. As they say in business school (not like I know first hand…) “Dress for success!” I won’t tell you grown men how to do that as you’re from the northland. One thing I will say is a Balaclava face mask/hat is key imho. Presentations that are working:
      Jig and minnow
      jig and plastic
      jigging Raps
      Stickbait Rapalas on a three way set up. The water is rising and should stop around 680.5 off rising water in December. water temp is right around 40 degrees