Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tbomn

Four Wheeler use .....??????????

3 posts in this topic

A bunch of guys and myself are heading up to the big lake on Sunday. We all have 4X4 wheelers, and we are going to pull portables (Otters, Fish Trap, and Clam) Is there too much snow for this, or are we going to be alright??

Thanks

i think you will be alriahgt but jus twatch the drifts and pressure ridges.the ice is thick enough for trucks

With the warmer weather we have been haveing I think the snow should settle some so that you shouldn't have any trouble getting around on wheelers. Chain em' up if you have them. My only reccomendations to you is to steer clear (meaning don't drive on) the Bombardier or snowmobile trails with your wheelers. Nothing gives the resort owners and Bomber drivers the red azz worse than that! And also pay special attetion to the cracks, we crossed a couple earlier this week that were a little sketcky most are marked but doesn't always mean they're safe. Other than that giver' heck and good luck!! grin.gif