Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Madtrapper

RIVER BEND ON JAN 2

7 posts in this topic

HI THERE--12 IOWANS GOING TO FISH L.O.W.--WOULD LIKE A REPORT---PLEASE----

FISHING HAS BEEN REALLY GOOD FOR US FROM 26 TO 28 FT

THANK YOU----I'M READING ALL ABOUT THE GOOD FISHING AT THE BEND--LOVING IT--2 MORE DAYS--- grin.gif

Madtrapper: Hope you and your group have a great trip. Riverbend was moving houses last week when we left and trying to stay with the fish as they move deep. Hope you're bringing electronics (flashers). Live and die with them they will certainly tell you what those little fishies are doing down there. Have a great time. Good luck and hang on. Bill Say hi Richard if you see him on the ice or in the lodge.

We just got back from 2 nights with River Bend. Great place to deal with - they got us out on the ice right away even though our sleeper wouldn't be ready until a couple hours later. Nice bunch of guys and we'll definitely throw more of our business their way.

We were up while they were moving the houses out deeper and we spent the majority of the weekend in 29 FOW. The action wasn't fast and furious, but it was plenty enough to keep us interested. Ate some and took enough home for the family. The biggest eye went 18" and most of the keepers went about 15". We were told that jigging them up on the Vexi was the way to go, but we had most success on the dead sticks about 6" up with small jigs and small minnows. By the end of the trip, deadsticks out-produced jigging about 3:1 - which is weird since I heard the opposite from just about everyone else.

Have a great time!

Southpa: Our expierance last week (see report Riverbend 26-28) was just as you said. Jigging was not producing numbers like the dead sticks. Headed back two weeks from today, it could be totally different by then. Bill

I hope it does get better. I am in the same situation. I also have a return trip scheduled for mid/late January but don't know if I'll keep it after this past couple of days. Pretty tough bite. Good resort though.