Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1 post in this topic

Bob, are you headed to LOW again this year? Perhaps we will cross paths this year, its been awhile. Are you getting a Little Snow in Sioux Falls? Couple inches on the ground already in St Cloud. Good luck and hang on.Bill

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Cliff Wagenbach
      This will be my last report until ice fishing season! I fished the last couple of days and it was a very slow bite for me. Used lindys and jigs with minnows. Fished 22' to 42' depths. Boated a total of 22 walleyes in two mornings of fishing. Only one lower end slot in the bunch. Will post again as soon as I get out ice fishing! Cliff
    • JohnnyO
      Thanks for the report, Did you try a Jig  and minnow? What was the water temp? I was up there on Saturday, the fog rolled in 30 minutes before we got there. I talked to someone that just came in and said they were fishing for about an hour with no luck. The fog was bad 20 ft. visibility, that's why they came in.  Thanks
    • castmaster
      I would suggest Devil's. Can keep 3 times as many walleyes as Red, plus the bonus perch and the pike from out there,are some of the best eating anywhere.   limits at Devils... Walleyes 5 per day 10 in possession  Pike 5 per day 10 in possession  Perch 20 per day 40 in possession  Tons of structure to fish. Decent amount of lodging options.
    • Crappie2760
      I fished the Aitkin flowage looking for Largemouth, but didn't catch any bass.  Once the water turns 50 degress or colder, they shut down (in my experience anyway).  I recorded water temps of 47 - 49 degrees everywhere I went on BSL.  The pike were really hot in that area.  I also fished around islands on the northwest corner of the lake and caught a couple small pike on cranks.  I tried a little panfish jigging around the same islands and found some real nice perch.  I didn't catch any walleye, but I never know where to fish for them.  I have luck occasionally with leeches on BSL, but that's just with a slip bobber.  I didn't use any live bait this past weekend.  I threw everything back as I always do. I witnessed something really cool Saturday morning around noon.  A doe and a fawn jumped up from bedding down on the small island south of Frog Island and I saw them swim over to Frog Island.  A short while later, I saw them run into the water off the shallow east facing point of Frog Island and swim northeast all the way the center of the north shore.  I followed them with my trolling motor about 100 yards behind all the way to make sure they made it safely across.  That was a LONG swim for that little fawn and she crushed it!  They made it to the north shore and hopped off no problem.  That was really cool to see.
    • MarkMN
      I fished Grindstone Lake on Friday. I was fly fishing out of my kickboat. It was my second time fishing there and landed a real fat 20" smallmouth, and a fat 12" crappie. The wind was a blowing quite a bit more than was forecast so I tucked in behind a point. I'm going to have to fish this lake more often, some interesting structure and nice sized fish.