Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JayS

Ice fishing

8 posts in this topic

I am sure this has been asked a hundred time before, so here is the 101st time. We have been going to Mille Lacs for the last few years, renting a sleeper for two nights. Looking at trying something different this year, LOW came up in our conversations. Any advice as to rentals, sleepers, etc.

thanks

I've stayed at Schuster's (site sponsor) and Ballard's and would recommend both places. Heading up December 31st and can't wait!

Ive had good luck out of Morris Point in past years, we went out of there for 5 years in a row however the last time they rented our rooms for the following year before we could re-up them. Needless to say we were not pleased so we have been out of Cyrus last 2 years and really have enjoyed there accomodations a lot. The only thing about a sleeper is and someone please correct me if im wrong but we have tried fishing past dark with very limited success. Could be a long night in the house with just pout biting after dark.

Consider Riverbend as well a very nice place.

I will second Iffwalleyes and his recommendation for RiverBend. They built new houses in the past couple of years and they are pretty nice. You won't deal with better people than Charlie, Judy and the gang at Riverbend. Bill

Don't forget Borderview. Maybe hard to get into early in the year. We have re-upped our reservations for the second or third weekend in December since around 1991. Nice people.

Since we're traveling down the river here, I would recommend trying Wigwam resort, they provide excellent dining, fish cleaning, transportation to and from the houses, live entertainment every weekend in the winter, and some of the most knowlegable staff on the lake, Tom and the crew do a great job on the ice!

If you want to get away a little bit more than by the river, try Arnesen's. I would say they are second to none. Good or bad - you get to fish more structure in that area too.