Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MNmikew

2000 Dodge Ram cranking longer to start

7 posts in this topic

My truck seems to be taking longer to start up. It used to start up after a couple seconds. Now its taking 5-10 seconds to start. If it sits more that 15 mins it again takes 5-10 secs. to start. Once I start it and run awhile, then stop/start it it starts in a couple secs. Is my fuel pump starting to go?

Gas or Diesel ? 1500 or 2500/3500 ?

I am willing to bet that your fuel pump is ready to go out.That is how my gmc acted.

I bet the pump module assembly is at fault myself. The fuel pressure regulator is built into the pump module.

Before you start it cyle the key a couple of times. Turn the key on you should hear the pump run and then shut off after a couple of seconds. Turn the key off then repeat. Do this a couple of times and see if your crank time returns to normal. If it does than typically the pump is the problem.

1500 gas 5.8L

Thanks Airjer, I'll try it tonight.

I know for the Hemi's they have a flash update for this, but the 5.8l I do not know.

I would do what airjer said and it will help rule in a fuel pump.