Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Milkdud

Early December Ice

15 posts in this topic

Is there any locations on the south shore that you can walk out and get into some good Ice fishing? I don't have an atv or a snow mobile only a 3/4 ton pick-up that I assume I shouldn't drive out on the ice until late December early January. Any suggestions would be great!

It's not far to walk out from Morris Point Resort to the

fishing grounds. If you call your favorite resort I bet

they will haul you out on their trailers for early ice

fishing. Call River Bend, Zipple Bay, Adrians. If you

stay at the resort the odds go up.

I am hoping to make the second week of Dec. It is kind of a tradition for me to make my first ice trip that weekend. But I might be heading another direction. But the second week of Dec. always seems to be pretty good but typically you are limited to ATV or sled.

I doubt I need to ask but I would imagen you will be around that weekend Curt won't you?

I will sure try to be there.

Jason e-mail me curt@trfradio.com

Hey does anyone remember the status of the ice around the first and second week of december last year?

We were on it the second weekend last year with ATV's some guys were out by the first weekend. But this year has been much warmer so far than last year. It is a year to year deal. But I typically make my first trip the second weekend of Nov. so far that has been a pretty safe bet for me.

Quote:

But I typically make my first trip the second weekend of Nov. so far that has been a pretty safe bet for me.

That's next weekend man! grin.gif

Please excuse my date dyslexic friend... grin.gif

He means December.

marine_man

I have the itch what can I say grin.gif. Hey I had to break ice today at Devils Lake in order to work so who knows we can always dream can't we wink.gif.

Sheees Iff we don't want ice the second week of November do we??? Heck no in the boat we go! This cold snap is gonna bring a fresh flush of BIG fish into the river and the jiggin the next coupla weeks will be stellar. Now if only a guy can keep those pesky 17 and 18 inchers off the hook them big girls will have a 1\2 a chance to bite!

Ice can hold off till Turkey day anyhow! Till then Jig Jig Jig!

Troll on over for a day or 2 IFF and practice jiggin with me for the up and coming winter ice jigging games!!! Heck you could even use 1 of your Thorne Bros ice rods iffin you wanted!!!

fiskyknut

Man I would like to come over and hit the river Fisky but just too much going on right now. I am busy chasing the other kind of white tail for the next few weeks. Between that and work there just isn't enough time. It stinks. Wish I didn't live 4 hours away.

The thornes are ready for action that is for sure.

For years we used to go ice fishing the day after Thanksgiving out of Zipple Bay. I haven't been able to do that for about 4 years now. Dang weather. The 10 day forecast says it shouldn't get much higher than 32 so that should make some ice.

We need the winds to drop below 40 miles an hour too before it will make anything.

I hope that first hole I drill isn't full of mud!

Quote:

I hope that first hole I drill isn't full of mud!

No kidding these winds have just blew grin.gif