Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GotOne

Pool 2 report

4 posts in this topic

Had a good day on pool 2. Five hours on the water 11 walleyes/sauger, 1 crappie, 1 cat fish and a over 25 silvers. We had a great spot by Watergate catching a couple walleyes and a bunch of silvers. A group of 5 people saw us catching almost one right after another. First 2 of them ran around the bay and starting casting right in front of our boat. They started catching a few and one of them gets on a cell phone and the rest of the group comes running over. They chased an older guy out and just kept casting all around us when we would troll back and forth. Keeping every single one they caught. I was just waiting for them to catch and keep a walleye so I could have called TIP, but they never did. They just didn't have a clue. We moved up by the locks and pulled a few more Walleyes and then left. Even with the clueless, it was a great day on the water.

Wallabee,

I was out there this afternoon also. It almost sounds like we were in the same boat! Caught some walleyes, sauger, lots of whities, sheepshead, pike, a cat & a crappie. We vertical jigged Fireballs & fatheads most of the day. Threw some small jigs & cranks at the white bass too which was fun. I'm guessing that you saw the same people keeping the white bass that we did. Every fish went into the bucket. When I saw them wheel away the first bucket with a dolly we decided to call TIP. They kept every fish we saw them catch over 5-6 hours. How many fish do you need? I talked to a CO on the way out & he said that he'll go down & check on them.

- Vern

We thought they had another bucket and didn't see it when we came back. I can't believe how they came running over and fished right next to this older guy, he left soon after. I not kidding, they were casting 5 feet away from our boat. My buddy finally starting casting toward them. I didn't have the reg's, so I didn't know if there was a limit on white bass. Two adults and my son in a blue Lund. Buddies boat, don't remember model, it was blue:) Sure was fun.

The limit is 30 which we confirmed with the CO at the park. It tics me off to see that kind of rudeness & greed. Anyway, I'm sure I saw you guys. We had 3 in a Crestliner Fishhawk. Can't wait to get back out. Lot's of great sight seeing yesterday including turkeys, pelicans, funny looking dogs & boats & a pair of deer that swam across the channel near Pike Island. There's always something interesting going on down there. See you on the river.

- Vern