Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tacklejunkie

Anybody else used

3 posts in this topic

the mini divers and deepr diver disks. i used them this year on Superior and preferred them over the inline boards. Anybody else have the same love for them

If your talking about Dypsie Divers V.S. Trolling boards they are 2 different animals.

The boards are more for getting baits out and away from your boat and the Dypsies are more for getting lures down and away a bit. They can not give you as big a spread as boards can.

I use Dypsies when I want to get lures down when my riggers are already full. I use boards when I want to get a spread out and away from the boat. This is due to boat spooked fish.

Also boards are more of a top water deal. Although I will add snap weights or inlines to get lures down more if I feel the need.

If I want to get down more and away from the boat Ill use a bigger dypsie.

Neither is the cure all and they both have advantages and disadvantages.

When you run both together you are taking advantage of both strengths.

Both are just another tool in the never ending arsenal we fisherman grow through out the years.

I believe he is referring to the Walker Deeper Divers. Yes I bought a few this year and had success right away. I like them because I can turn any rod with 15# line into a dipsy. They don't dive as deep as a large dipsy but they certainly target the right part of the water column in the spring.