Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deadwood

Water Temps/Levels

11 posts in this topic

What are people seeing for water temps and levels around the state? Southern MN area water temp last night was around 64, and water level near the '88 drought year levels. LOTS of 'new' shoreline visible.

Was out on the river Saturday morning/Sunday night and my not always reliable portable depthfinder read 58-59 degrees on Sat. and 60-61 degrees on Sun. That was in the Burnsville/Savage area.

We had 60-61 degree surface temps on saturday night/sunday morn. in between 77 and 169.

Quote:

Was out on the river Saturday morning/Sunday night and my not always reliable portable depthfinder read 58-59 degrees on Sat. and 60-61 degrees on Sun. That was in the Burnsville/Savage area.

She must have been running on the cool side.

We were seeing 63 on Sat in most parts. 66 at the BD discharges.

61-62 around the Shakopee area Friday night.

With the water temps dropping has the cat bite slowed at all? And has the walleye bite been picking up?

Quote:

With the water temps dropping has the cat bite slowed at all?

Depends on who you ask. grin.gif

Generally... I would say yes, but a few guys in the Cat League on Friday and the Moore's Contest on Saturday did very well.

We could not keep the small channels off our hooks on Sunday evening in 64 degree water.

Temps were 66/67 tonight and the fish were biting. Riverhog and I brought the boys out for a short mission 8-10:30.

015.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

If I wasn't heading out to the Croix this weekend I would definately be on the MN river. Weather is supposed to be nice and warm, and the cats should still be feeding.

Nice! I am wishin I was a fishin! Seeing those pics gives me hope! Gettin the kids out makes it that much more fun, eh! Wow, I bet that was a blast for them.

Looks like they had fun! With a really nice weekend ahead, I plan on hitting the river hard this weekend. Will probably be my last cat fishing of the year. Fall is coming fast, I have way to many other things going on that I have to do. So hopefully there is still some big girls in there that want to play smirk.gif