Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
erickol

new poster

4 posts in this topic

Hello all.

I have not posted on this side of the forum yet.

My name's Eric, from Mpls. I am an avid flyfisherman who just began regularly fishing "conventional" tackle this year to broaden my spectrum and to really explore multi species fishing.

The idea is to find fish I know little or nothing about with lures or bait, then be able to tie appropriate flys and figure out how to get them to the right place.

I Dug out my vice this weekend and re-organised my work room in prep for a winter of rod building and repair and realised my flyrods did not get as much of a work out this summer as usual, especially my lighter line rods (3wt, 2wt).

Still plenty time yet to get them wet.

What are you all fishing for right now?

What are you all tying right now?

Hi Eric. I been catching mainly sunfish and bass.

here are my latest sunfish catchers...

jitterbees.jpg

Welcome aboard, Eric!

I haven't been out much or tying at all lately, but hope to find a little time to trout fish before the season's over, then a smallmouth outing or two is in store for October.

I've been fishing steelhead and browns and have been tying x legs, soft hackle nymphs, stones, and bunny leeches. My buddies just went out to denver and then are heading to the keys for some flats fishing. I've got to do everything to keep my mind off the fact I wasn't able to go with! tongue.gif