Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mattbass

downtown st paul

9 posts in this topic

i posted about this in shore fishing but this spot might be more appropriate. i'm thinking about fishing just outside downtown across from harriet island or harriet island itself. is it worth it? mainly bass fishing. anything i should know? areas to avoid? sketchy people? i've heard good things about bass down there.

I saw someone poaching a walleye down there when I was driving home on Sheppard Road last week.

i've never really seen people fish down there. didn't get to go last night sadly. hopefully soon though.

Cats are one thing, but bass is another. I never fished for bass down there. I am sure they are around, but cats are all I have gone for. They are sure slow down there right now.

I always see people fishing for cats by the marina only seen a few caught though, never bass

hmmmm....good to know. i'm tired of fishing hidden falls all the time & need a good bass spot! thanks guys

Mattbass, If you email me I can give you a few shore spots to try. It is a little better than the Hidden Falls area.

outdoors86@hotmail.com

If someone could point me in a good direction, it'd be much appreciated also. The last few times I've down to Hidden Falls, I've got nothing. The last time I did manage to lose a small spoon to a bass I almost landed. I must have tied it poorly though, because he wasn't that big and got away right at the shore. That's the only action I've seen down there though. Fish jumping all around us at dusk, and nothing we were casting seemed to entice them. We didn't have any live bait though. Is that the issue?

I do have access to a canoe, but no boat.

Thanks for any advice. If it's better to not be out in the open, you can email me at soysquad@gmail.com

I have had all my luck on plastics for bass on pool 2.

A 3" sassy shad on a 1/4 oz chartruesse jig head will do the trick. Just throw it out and bounce it off the bottom on the retrieve. If you can find areas that are holding shad there will be fish in there and you should get a few. The minnehaha creek area is a good spot. The creek is flowing good and there has been water coming from the storm drain lately so the Shad have been in there, atleast as of last week.