Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Capt. H (Ret.)

Lake Pepin/Lake City

7 posts in this topic

With all of the rain in the area can anyone tell me if the river is up (and how much)at Lake City. Has anyone been fishing and how have you been doing?

Thanks in advance.

Looks like it is up only 1 foot from normal. water levels

Not sure about the bite. I haven't heard any reports.

I was out on Sunday, hardly seemed up at all, they must be letting it all flow through, which is weird with the high water down by Winona. You would think they would be holding more. Fishing was pretty good for smallies on top end of Pepin on Sunday

Hellabass,

What is a good spot on the top side of Pepin to fish for smallies. I've been out a few times on the lower end, but never been out on the top. Thanks

Is the fishing any good on pepin in mid october for multi species?

JB, pepin will be very good in October. Fish the points for multi species. I can't wait for October to come!

capt.this is ike with ikes tackle in redwing. the water is still pretty low ,we were out last sunday pulling plugs at the head of the lake.we tried several differnt spots .we caught some fish but we really had to work for them.in the next few weeks when the water temp.cools fall fishing will realy pick up.try a brite colored ikes hair jig tipped with a minnow and work up by the dam in redwing.you should be able to catch alot of nice sauger and walleye.stop by or call our store in redwing.for all your updates.good luck. IKE