Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shack

Is fishing that bad or is personal life getting in the way!

17 posts in this topic

Pool 2 forum sure is slow. I am heading down this weekend to do a little cat fishing and was wonderinggggggg! If anyone has any luck as of late.

Pool 2 is a great catfishing area, but this year has proven hard to pull a "monster" out of her. I am switching up my presentation a little to see if I can break my pool 2 "monster" dry spell. Last month I got down about 2-3 times with very little luck. Only 2 10lbs flats and one monster walleye. If you have not seen them, i will post images again.

DTtVLtcA4ClYIRSESNnT6zDil1wL7P2K0300.jpg

RVkbS5ZoJKxYkORIBMVyiGnfr-VqFbCo0300.jpg

Any current info or success stories on Flats is greatly appreciated. I will post what I find after we get back.

Thanks!

I've only gone shorefishing in hidden falls(st paul side) a couple of times-the last 2 times got NOTHING. I'm heading down there this afternoon around 6 and play to stay till around 9:30.

Any recommendations? I've had best luck way down near the dam, but that hike is kinda rough after the rains.

let me know. My emails is exccitedone@excite.com

i fish the south st paul stretch of the river alot, this year i caught 5-6 flatheads the biggest about 10-12 pounds, my buddie got about a 15 pounder,thats about it, but we have really pounded the channels this year numerous decent 15 pounders, it seems ive had my best luck when a storm front comes threw, i had a few bigger fish take me into snags to,but no big fish yet, well good luck to you

Hi...I havent been doing too much fishing lately but Im about ready to drop off some pics at bait shop in Newport of 2 flatheads we caught a month ago,38lbs and 35lbs...they were caught on sucker minnows off wingdams in ssp..we did quite well on flatheads considering didnt go that much this year...My highlite of year was a 15# sheephead on a crankbait,that was something else,I dont think I ever caught one over 4lbs b4...That pic will be at baitshop also...I would like to post some pics on this site but I have no idea how???? ps...the 38lber was my biggest so far,have had several 30+ers

Pike11,

Were your pics taken with a digi camera?

If you have pics converted to a computer file, we can help with getting them on this site for you.

Pike11, You can email them to me and I can post them if you want. outdoors86@hotmail.com

The first is Dave's 29 lber with a Rapala.

DavesFlatheadRapala.jpg

Some nice Crappies

NiceCrapppies.jpg

Here is Mark with a nice Walleye.

MarksWalleye.jpg

Here is Dave with a nice 38 lb Flathead.

DavesFlathead.jpg

Here is Zach with a nice 35 lb Flathead.

ZachsFlathead.jpg

Here is Mike with a 29 lb Flathead.

MikesFlathead.jpg

Here is Dave with a nice 9 lb Walleye.

DavesWallleye.jpg

And last but not least the monster Sheephead. shocked.gif

Great job guys, if these were all from 2007, you had a awesome year.

DavesSheephead.jpg

Great job guys. cool.gif

Now thats some fishing. Have you gotten all of them this year?

All but marks walleye were caught this spring-2wks ago when i caught the sheephead ( I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD BE SHOWING OFF A SHEEPHEAD!) It hit while trolling a crankbait,thought I had a flathead...havent fished lately,waiting for water to clear up a bit

Pike11,

I posted your sheep head pic in the Minnesota River forum. There is a big sheep head thread going.