Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cyberfish

Bass action on poppers

5 posts in this topic

Casey took me out in his canoe for some evening bassin' . I tried some foam blockhead flyrod poppers I made this weekend that worked pretty good. Got a few bass and a sunfish

popperbassone.jpg

mtplunkerbass.jpgsmalllarry.jpg

canoebass.jpg

green sunfish with a huge appetite!

greensunfish.jpg

flyrodbass.jpg[/

Nice work Cyber!

Are those blockhead poppers tough to make? Figure the the foam would pretty much always stay on top compared to deerhair poppers.

Well Marc, the deer hair poppers are a lot more fun (and difficult) to tie, but the foam poppers DO float better, longer. If you treat the hair poppers well with floatant they will last through several fish.

My favorite though, is the Yellow Turkey, made from the cork of a Wild Turkey bourbon bottle and large yellow hackles. It's a killer. It might be the odor of old bourbon that does it.

Bass just tear 'em up. Thus,(sigh) I have to keep making more of them thus (sigh) sipping more Wild Turkey.

But only the 80 proof. That 101 is pure swill!! grin.gif

Quote:

Thus,(sigh) I have to keep making more of them thus (sigh) sipping more Wild Turkey.

But only the 80 proof. That 101 is pure swill!!
grin.gif

LOL, that's great. Hate it when those darn fish drive a person to drink... grin.gif

Bottle bass? shocked.gifwink.gif