Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zobs

....crappies galore......

5 posts in this topic

.....a decent crappie bite continues here on the river, slipped a few home for a fish dinner and released the others to be caught another day....the slow flow on the river allows you to anchor and fish spots that are normally impossible other times of the year...slip bobber and a plain hook, 8'fow, has been the ticket...decent slabs too!

...have found the stripper action to be poor on the lower end of pool 4, but the smallmouth are voracious...have done well with the bluegills also...chunky little pucks hangin out under the docks...the ones loaded with seaweed...middle of the week is your best bet as the recreational traffic is

still in full swing....and I am impressed that the jet skiers are becoming more responsible and courtious in the use of their craft...thank-you!!

Gotta love the stripper action! grin.gif

The stripper actions a little better on the Wisconsin side! So I hear anyways.

Zobs,

I love to find the crappie. Can you give a general location? Maybe MN or WI side and what launch you went out of? Can always email william_wise@yahoo.com with more info. Thanks for the post, crappies are my favorite on the river and I don't see many posts on them.

I always do well with the white bass. But I do know many honeyholes marked in my GPS.