Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skeeterluver

lake of the woods

4 posts in this topic

Hello everybody. My dad & brothers are heading up to Red Indian Lodge on Whitefish Bay in Ontario this weekend for a week and I was wondering if any of you had any fishing spots for us. We will probably be fishing most for walleye, smallmouth & northern pike. I would really appreciate any info you can give.

Thanks,

Skeeterluver, you are in for a great trip. Red Indian is located on a beautiful part of the lake (not too far from my camp) Anyways, for walleye's you are probably going to want to head west towards Yellowgirl Point. That's about where the walleye's start to congregate the most. It's about a 20-25 mile hike. Speak with people at the resort, I'm sure they won't be too tight lipped, especially for paying guests. Would you be guided, or doing it yourself? You need to know what you are doing if you are going to run 50-60 miles up there. Lots of rocks. If you do know what you are doing, then good luck. Fish around Kenora (45 miles NW) have been scattered all over from 5' to 40'. Fishing has been great though.

It's Funny Hemlock how you been so busy at work that grin.gif you don't have time to e-mail but you seem to find time for FishingMN, Just goes to show the power of FishingMN.

Thanks for the response. We will not be guided, so I know I am taking my lower unit into my own hands on this lake. I have fished it before but on the MN side. If the lake is down like the lakes in southern MN, then I am sure it will be an adventure. I really do appreciate the info. Take care & thanks again.