Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
curt quesnell

Walleye League Championship

6 posts in this topic

Saturday morning from 8 am to noon the new LOW Walleye

League wraps up it's first season with a League Championship

event. Weigh in at the point in Warroad at noon. It would

be a great time to check out the league and start making

plans to join next season. Come by and watch the grand

finale and ask questions.

It was sure a fun way to pass the summer, and gave me an excuse to go fishing (like I needed one) that Walleye Char actually believed.

Oh by the way, I'll be available for autographs and pictures after weigh-in. I just hope you all don't mind me asking you for both.

any results?

It has been a blast being league director of the first season for the Lake of the Woods Walleye League. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that has taken part in the inaugural season. We fought bad weather and high winds in the first part of the season but the second half and the Championship Event was very nice.

The Championship was held on Saturday in beautiful weather. The fishing, however, was a bit challenging…. Again!! When the boaters returned after 4 hours to the dock for the weigh-in they were all just shaking their heads. The spots that earlier had held fish during prefishing were coming up blank, they were in shock. Three teams did not bring in any fish to the scales and one team that did have a nice start on a big basket had boat trouble and had to be towed in, missing the weigh-in.

The winners of the Championship were Adam Harder and Nate Olafson who earned a check for $204.90. Coming in second were Walleye Jon Berns and Mike Hugg who claimed a check of $170.50. In third place were Rick Thompson and Tracy Wahl who earned a check of $136.60.

Also awarded on Saturday were the awards for the top three regular season teams. Coming in first in the regular season were Walleye Jon Berns and Hike Hugg who earned $121.50 for their top finish. In second place were Old Guide Pat Fischer and Ken Parnham who claimed a check for $85.05. In third place were Nate Olafson and Adam Harder earned $36.45.

In total $926 in cash was awarded on Saturday as well as a $50 gift card donated by Streiff Sporting Goods, a $50 Streiff gift card donated by Gary Olson, a drift sock donated by Riverside Bait & Tackle, 2 fillet knives and 2 floating pliers donated by the Marvin Home Center.

It has been a lot of fun this summer, thanks again to everyone that participated.

Cary O.

LAKE OF THE WOODS

WALLEYE LEAGUE

CHAMPIONSHIP

Rank Partner 1 Partner 2 Fish Weight Prize

1 Nate Olafson Adam Harder 3 3.80 $204.90

2 Jon Berns Mike Hugg 2 3.50 $170.75

3 Rick Thompson Tracy Wahl 2 3.00 $136.60

4 Jeremy Karnowski Jeff Haselhoff 1 1.70 $102.45

5 Todd Hagen Jamie Lisell 1 1.50 $68.30

6 Jerry Olson Chris Olson 1 1.30 $50 gift card

7 Travis Johnson Richard Jacobson 1 1.00 $50 gift card

8 Chad Paulson Steve Paulson 0 0.00 drift sock

8 Patrick Fischer Ken Parnham 0 0.00 fillet knife & pliers

8 Curt Quesnell Curt Quesnell 0 0.00 fillet knife & pliers

8 Brandon Norling Tim Hunter 0 0.00 10 dozen night crawlers

Didn't catch a fish, didn't have a bite. Had a blast!

Thanks for the burgers and dogs Scarface.

Thanks to the league sponsors too