• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just wanted to say hello. I've been lurking this board for about a week now. Finally decided to post. I was a lapsed fisherman, haven't fished for 14 years until this past week. Back in June I bought a new rod, reel, and license. Never went out though. I was to scared to go out that first time on my own. My friend who lives down on Pepin has been promising me we'd get out there, but our schedules never worked out. Since it had been 14 years, I was afraid of doing it wrong, or messing something up. A lot of the things I had learned beyond some of the basics I had forgotten. Well, I got passed that, and the urge to fish finally broke me down. I went out on my own down to Hidden Falls last monday. Didn't venture far from the boat landing, had a couple small strikes, but nothing caught. A friend of mine then called me Wednesday, and we hit up Vadnais that night. It was his first time in about 14 years also, so you can imagine how great that was. We might have looked stupid and said some stupid things, but we remembered how much fun it was. We hauled in a couple tiny bass that had delusions of grandeur when it came to the size spoons they were hitting. Spoons were as big as they were. On my final cast that night, I did manage to hook about a 1.5lb smallie. Even though not huge, or even that much of a struggle, it reminded me how much fun it is.

Anyway, I just wanted to share it with people that care about fishing, seeing as how I don't have many friends that fish. Also wanted to give a heads up. Since pool 2 is my home stretch, and specifically Hidden Falls park, if you ever see a 6'4 dude with tattoos fishing there it's probably me. Come say hello. I'd like more people to fish with, and any pointers/refresher info is appreciated.

See you out there, and good fishing!

Zach

Welcome to the board, the fish will get bigger as will the stories...You are with a lot of fellow fishermen.. Bobby

Soysquad

Welcome to Fishing MInnesota. Glad to decided to come on in. We look forward to all your future posts.

Welcome back...Vadnais is a great place even if the fish aren't hitting. Most of the people are helpful, the scenery it great, you can watch the deer play across the lake, and if the breeze is coming across the lake, it cools even the warmest nites.